BajaNomad

What if?

weebray - 4-7-2016 at 03:17 PM

What if I borrowed my daughters camper van and drove it into mainland Mexico. Would I be able to get a tip with residente permanente status?

durrelllrobert - 4-7-2016 at 03:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by weebray  
What if I borrowed my daughters camper van and drove it into mainland Mexico. Would I be able to get a tip with residente permanente status?

Residente Permanente holders CAN NOT do a temporary import of a vehicle, only a permanent importation (and apparently that has been temporarily suspended).

However here are the rules for Residente Temporal and FMM holders.:
Here’s the background information and details for applying online:
~ You may request your TIP permit between 7 – 60 days before entering Mexico with your vehicle.
~ You may ONLY request a permit for a vehicle that is registered in your name, or your spouse, your children, or your parents.
~ You may NOT request a permit for a vehicle that weighes more than 3.5 metric tons (7,716 lbs).
~ If you are a foreigner, before starting the vehicle permit application process, you must go to INM’s (Instituto Nacional de Migración) website to apply for an immigration pre-authorization for your FMM, aka tourist card – or get pre-approval for a Residente Temporal from your local Mexican Consulate. The Consulate gives you a special 30 day visa to enter Mexico (Canje) to complete the Residente Temporal process at your local INM office. Use this special visa to apply online with Banjercito to receive a 180 day TIP, … otherwise, the vehicle permit will be issued for the same period as that stated on your immigration pre-authorization (30 days if you do it at the border).
~ Once the payment has been accepted, Banjercito will send the permit to your address within 7 business days.
~ Once you have received your permit, you must send a copy of the documents you provided during the application process in one of the following ways:
~ Sending the scanned documents by e-mail to itvnet@banjercito.com.mx.
Courier service to the following address: Av. Industria Militar 1055, Col. Lomas de Sotelo, Del. Miguel Hidalgo, México, D.F., CP. 11200.

Delivering them in person to any Banjercito office.

Notes:
~ Should any of the information you provide during the application process be found to be false, you may be subject to sanctions imposed by the Mexican authorities.
~ Banjercito reserves the right to deny any request for a permit should any violation of current law be found.
~ The applicant must be 18 years old.
~ The person named on the credit card must be the person who is applying for the temporary importation permit.
~ You will not be able to process the permit online if you have a working or student visa, due to the fact that it is necessary to prove that the visa is still valid and it has at least been one year since its been in force. If this is the case you will need to go to the Mexican Consulate that processes vehicle permits or at one of the borders so you may obtain your vehicle permit.

Here’s the Link to Banjercito to get your TIP Online

https://www.banjercito.com.mx/registroVehiculos/

weebray - 4-8-2016 at 06:32 AM

"Residente Permanente holders CAN NOT do a temporary import of a vehicle, only a permanent importation (and apparently that has been temporarily suspended)."
Excellent answer except for the "and apparently that has been suspended" part????