BajaNomad

Camera Found on Diablo Dry Lake 3/18

TeamDonde - 4-14-2016 at 11:47 AM

Hello All,
Sorry for the delay in posting. On March 18th we made a trip across the dry lake. Found a camera out in the flats about 200 yards from Jose's beer shack.

Pix of a very special wheel barrel, damaged motorhome, and someone's birthday party.

If this is yours or know who it belongs to pls send over a message.

Hope to put it back with its owner.

TeamDonde - 4-14-2016 at 02:14 PM

Just peeking through a few more of the pictures. Seems to be a couple of different trips with Jeeps and buggies. One stand out is a black baja bug with the back roof chopped off (so its like a pick up truck). Surely someone must know of that cool vehicle.

Also the b-day looks to have been Marlene's.

U2U me if you know who it belongs to???

Ateo - 4-14-2016 at 02:16 PM

Good effort. Hopefully someone sees this who knows something.

BigBearRider - 4-14-2016 at 02:17 PM

Post a couple of pics?

ehall - 4-14-2016 at 03:44 PM

Post the buggy pic and I will post it on race dezert and thumpertalk.

DianaT - 4-14-2016 at 03:47 PM

Maybe post on the Talk Baja Facebook page ???

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TalkBaja/

I hope the owner is found because I know who ever it is will be THRILLED. :yes:

motoged - 4-15-2016 at 11:48 AM

I lost a backpack a few years ago on the road up to San Javier. I stopped to set up my GoPro and forgot to put the pack back on (ooohhh, the excitement of my first GoPro use, lasted only 45 minutes until I stopped on the road to Commondu to take a snap w/digital cam....and later realized I had great GoPro footage up to that point when reviewing the footage....clearly hearing me cursing for the entire trip down to the San Javier road junction w/ the highway.....).

The pack had two digital cameras , several 32 G cards, Leatherman, and some3 assorted other goodies......never found it....and Nomad post provided no replies......

Three weeks of pics lost......but great GoPro of my cursing.....:biggrin:

mattoleriver - 4-15-2016 at 02:28 PM

There are digital camera locating services on the web. If a picture gets posted online the camera that took that picture can be identified. Maybe there is a reverse look up.

Udo - 4-15-2016 at 06:54 PM

Welcome to the board, mattoleriver, and thanks for your suggestions!

durrelllrobert - 4-16-2016 at 09:57 AM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
I lost a backpack a few years ago on the road up to San Javier. I stopped to set up my GoPro and forgot to put the pack back on (ooohhh, the excitement of my first GoPro use, lasted only 45 minutes until I stopped on the road to Commondu to take a snap w/digital cam....and later realized I had great GoPro footage up to that point when reviewing the footage....clearly hearing me cursing for the entire trip down to the San Javier road junction w/ the highway.....).

The pack had two digital cameras , several 32 G cards, Leatherman, and some3 assorted other goodies......never found it....and Nomad post provided no replies......

Three weeks of pics lost......but great GoPro of my cursing.....:biggrin:
I feel your pain. Back in the days of film cameras we took a 4 week trip across the UK/ Europe with a side trip via ferry to Morroco. When we got off ferry in Gibraltor and got into our rental car a well dressed man came up to the passenger side, looked in window and saw camera bag on my wife's lap. took a rock out of his pocket, grabbed the case and ran off. Not only lost two cameras and all the lenses/ filters but 4 weeks worth on undeloped 35mm film = no memories of the entire trip (except for that event).

meme - 4-17-2016 at 08:25 AM

Is that wheel barrel possibly a John Deere Wheel barrel?

meme - 4-17-2016 at 09:59 AM

I have the name of the owners of camera & they will be contacting you soon as I have told them you found it.
Thanks

David K - 4-17-2016 at 10:42 AM

Amazing... the Internet!

TeamDonde - 4-17-2016 at 11:17 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Amazing... the Internet!

It's amazing isn't it.