BajaNomad

medical marijuana

bledito - 4-21-2016 at 06:02 PM

just read in mex news daily med marijuana legislation sent to congress to legalize medical and research use and increase the possession limit to 28 grams. releasing many in prison and voiding current trail for possession of less than 28 grams.

SFandH - 4-21-2016 at 06:27 PM

also, changing the maple leaf to the cannabis leaf

http://globalnews.ca/news/2650706/canada-to-introduce-pot-le...

micah202 - 4-23-2016 at 01:27 PM

....my son just gave me some medical cannabis,,'high' in CBD,
Cannabidiol, low in THC, so it's more focused on the medicinal element, less on the euphorics.
Early 'research' shows it seems to be quite helpful with arthritis pain and associated mental stress. It's a nice concept to have something to use in particular times, rather than the options given with conventional meds.

..here's more inf on the Cannabidiol.... http://www.leafscience.com/2014/02/23/5-must-know-facts-cann...

[Edited on 4-23-2016 by micah202]

bledito - 4-23-2016 at 03:43 PM

Yes I also would rather have something like that for arthritis and pain relief. the pain medications are addictive and I don't want to even start the routine. hopefully the research continues and the fine tune it so it works well.

Bajahowodd - 4-23-2016 at 03:53 PM

Blame Nixon for all this hassle. He was so infuriated by the "hippies" during the Viet Nam war that he decided to come down on marijuana to get back at them.

bajabuddha - 4-23-2016 at 04:17 PM

Actually it goes back to prohibition, and especially in the 1030's when a typical 'conservative' nutcase went after it with a vengeance; can't remember the dude's name, but just like today, it was an intolerant few who wanted to dictate and legislate what a person could or couldn't do to themselves, other than what that power-hungry twit would only do to him/herself (in public... does the name, 'Dennis Hastert' ring a bell?). The first attacks on marijuana weren't at hippies, but at the negro population mainly, and the degenerate musicians of the era, the Blues and Jazz vermin.

I believe Reagan's "War On Drugs" making a mandatory 5-year sentence for ANY possession whatsoever did more to destroy our economy and burden our system than Nixon ever did. Tricky Dick hated potheads because we... er, THEY... hated him, so all were on his hit-list, labeled as 'druggies' and sent to J. Edagar in his TuTu (with Tolbert protecting his Rear) for further investigation.... at your expense.

"Reefer Madness" came out in 1936, and the mania was on. This is a great read on Wiki, I highly suggest the link (pun intended). I've had a copy of the movie since my ... errrmmmm....... early daze.... and at the bottom of the Wiki article is a link for a free download of the movie; used to be a BIG hit at ahh, parties (doble-idioma entiendo). Enjoy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reefer_Madness

[Edited on 4-23-2016 by bajabuddha]

Bajahowodd - 4-23-2016 at 04:20 PM

Yes my friend, but what there is is a long history of trying to prohibit a somewhat benign drug.

Bajahowodd - 4-23-2016 at 04:21 PM

http://naturalsociety.com/thank-president-nixon-dea-us-priso...

micah202 - 4-23-2016 at 04:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bledito  
Yes I also would rather have something like that for arthritis and pain relief. the pain medications are addictive and I don't want to even start the routine. hopefully the research continues and the fine tune it so it works well.

....I have to say I'm rather amazed how far it's all come., you look at an online menu for one of these shops and they've got each type well classified for it's properties.

...example..... https://www.leafly.com/hybrid/nebula

bledito - 4-23-2016 at 08:32 PM

Just in DEA approved marijuana for medical research for PTSD and will consider changing it to a lower class drug.

micah202 - 4-24-2016 at 06:44 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bledito  
Just in DEA approved marijuana for medical research for PTSD and will consider changing it to a lower class drug.

...recent indeed!.....

http://www.maps.org/news/media/6141-press-release-dea-approv...

APRIL 21, 2016
DEA Approves First-Ever Trial of Medical Marijuana for PTSD in Veterans
SANTA CRUZ, CALIF. – The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) has formally approved the first-ever randomized controlled trial of whole plant medical marijuana (cannabis) as a treatment for posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) in U.S. veterans. The DEA’s approval marks the first time a clinical trial intended to develop smoked botanical marijuana into a legal prescription drug has received full approval from U.S. regulatory agencies, including the DEA and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

mtgoat666 - 4-24-2016 at 07:05 AM

99% of people buying medical pot are doing so to get high. Med pot is a farce concocted by drug dealers to legally sell pot to people seeking to get high.

Have you looked at the sales pitches? the sales pitches say pot cures most every ailment, do you really think pot is a magic cure of all these ills?

Of course pot makes sick people feel better, It makes all people fell better. that's why I and many others like to smoke occasionally, but I call it what it is: getting high.

micah202 - 4-24-2016 at 07:26 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
99% of people buying medical pot are doing so to get high. Med pot is a farce concocted by drug dealers to legally sell pot to people seeking to get high.

Have you looked at the sales pitches? the sales pitches say pot cures most every ailment, do you really think pot is a magic cure of all these ills?

Of course pot makes sick people feel better, It makes all people fell better. that's why I and many others like to smoke occasionally, but I call it what it is: getting high.

....motoscrote,, yer should check out hi CBD strains,, all new to me, but very interesting.

...here's a link again...... http://www.leafscience.com/2014/02/23/5-must-know-facts-cann...

Lee - 4-24-2016 at 07:33 AM

Be nice if you got your facts straight occasionally.

Look at it this way. In Colorado, and other states where it is legal to purchase cannabis for recreational use, a medical card isn't necessary. Just buy your bud and get high.

There's a reason why some folks get a medical card. And there's a reason cannabis is available to those who don't want to get high but want medicinal relief.

DEA approving cannabis research for PTSD is a step in the right direction.

No magic cures but many substantiated studies for pain relief. Do the research or shoot from the hip, Tom.

mtgoat666 - 4-24-2016 at 07:58 AM

:lol::lol:
If you like to get high, just say so, and quit making up medical excuses for your recreational drug use, no one believes them!

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

Look at it this way. In Colorado, and other states where it is legal to purchase cannabis for recreational use, a medical card isn't necessary. Just buy your bud and get high.

There's a reason why some folks get a medical card. And there's a reason cannabis is available to those who don't want to get high but want medicinal relief.

No magic cures but many substantiated studies for pain relief. Do the research or shoot from the hip, Tom.

durrelllrobert - 4-24-2016 at 08:40 AM

If you like to get high, just say so, and quit making up medical excuses for your recreational drug use, no one believes them!

When did John Denver write "Rocky Mountain High"?

AKgringo - 4-24-2016 at 08:51 AM

Rocky Mountain High? I think it was in the summer of his 27th year.....

Barry A. - 4-24-2016 at 08:54 AM

Not exactly true, Goat. I inadvertently (sneaky pot-laden brownies at a party) was exposed to pot---------made me VERY paranoid, frightened, and a bore, and I drove my friends nuts with my incessant talking. I certainly did not "feel better". Never again!!!

Cancamo - 4-24-2016 at 10:39 AM

Barry,
Ingesting, (eating) THC has a very different effect than smoking it. Most casual users don't eat it, the effects are debilitating and last way too long.
Sorry you got spiked, but the two delivery methods are very, very, different.

Lee - 4-24-2016 at 12:14 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Barry A.  
I inadvertently (sneaky pot-laden brownies at a party) was exposed to pot---------made me VERY paranoid, frightened, and a bore, and I drove my friends nuts with my incessant talking. I certainly did not "feel better". Never again!!!

Clearly a near over dose situation. Without knowing the THC content, eating a brownie is foolhardy. Medical dispensaries who sell medical grade brownies label sativa/indica percentage. Average patient would consume 10% THC, tolerance aside, and much more might create feelings of paranoia.

Sorry about your incident, Barry. Consider a ''guided'' experience in the future? I believe high grade cannabis is equivalent of psychedelics from the 60s. At least that's what I'm told.

motoged - 4-24-2016 at 12:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by micah202  

....motoscrote,, yer should check out hi CBD strains,, all new to me, but very interesting.

...here's a link again...... http://www.leafscience.com/2014/02/23/5-must-know-facts-cann...

Micah,
Please leave the prefix "moto" out of this....."Goatscrote" sounds way better...:biggrin:

Cancamo - 4-24-2016 at 01:05 PM

Lee,
Don't know where you were in the 60's, (or whomever told you that), but any high grade cannabis produced today can't come close to the effects of man-made purple haze, orange sunshine, or 4-way windowpane LSD readily available in the 60's. Apples and oranges.

Maybe you/they are referring to naturally produced peyote, mushrooms, or mescaline also available at the time. Still, all very potent and no where near any of the effects of any form of THC/cannabis around today, or any day.
Granted the "good" stuff is powerful, but not at all psychedelic like the 60's.

Yah, at least that's what I am told.

Barry A. - 4-24-2016 at 01:33 PM

Cancano and Lee--------very interesting info, and not previously known by me------thank you for your comments. Aspirin scares me, so probably will not experiment, but I appreciate your comments. Now, some good sipping Canadian Whiskey----that is a different story. :bounce:

mtgoat666 - 4-24-2016 at 01:43 PM

In moderation, alcohol and pot are about same, it's all about people getting buzzed. It is hypocritical of alcohol drinkers to treat pot differently.

bajaguy - 4-24-2016 at 02:12 PM

Alberta Springs 10 year Rye Whiskey.....can only buy it in certain places in Canada.

Quote: Originally posted by Barry A.  
.... Now, some good sipping Canadian Whiskey----that is a different story. :bounce:

bajabuddha - 4-24-2016 at 02:45 PM

Most 60's and 70's weed was mostly leaf (better not have too many stems!) and flower buds were turned into Hash. There were Thai Sticks, which were bundled flower buds 'tied' on a stem that came from Thailand that'd put a water buffalo down. I had a dentist in '72 that had some bud he'd use on ... special patients.... that coupled with Nitrous made dentistry a thing of beauty, and I HATE going to the dentist.

The strains of today are rated and priced on their potency (so i'm told). Most are pure bud with a little leaf thrown in; back in The Day I smoked a bunch, but can't tolerate today's potency. Total paranoia and disorientation. Had a one-hit with a fellow Nam Vet who smokes constantly; he called it "Purple Jesus!". I barely made it from his house to my 5th wheel where I comatosely spent the rest of the afternoon wondering why the hell I did it. I don't enjoy buzzing much any more, but I've wished for NORML-ization and legalization for 50 years now.... ever since the 'matchbox generation'. \

High, medicinal, good buzz, stoner, whatever you wanna call yourself or justify it with, more POWER TO THE PEOPLE. And Goat-Scrote, aren't you dizzy that high on your horse? You think people should all march to your drum, and you're as full of Chit as a Christmas Turkey (or any common turkey for that matter). You did your job; you incited animosity, which you seem to revel in. As usual.

Bajahowodd - 4-24-2016 at 03:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by durrelllrobert  

When did John Denver write "Rocky Mountain High"?

1975. Feel old as I do?

[Edited on 4-24-2016 by Bajahowodd]

bajabuddha - 4-24-2016 at 03:19 PM

1968 'Fraternity of Man' Don't bogart Me

Easy Rider Soundtrack 1969

How old now?

"Don't bogart that joint, my friend....... pass it over to me....."

[Edited on 4-24-2016 by bajabuddha]

8knots - 4-24-2016 at 08:36 PM

As part of my 3.5 year old grandson's treatment for epilepsy he is taking doctor approved, high CBD, low dose marijuana. He is fortunate to live in WA State where it is legal. There are parents from around the world trying to get approval for their child to take part in CO's program that uses special, high CBD stains to treat epilepsy. It was covered in depth by Dr. Sanjay Gupta on his show on CNN among other news shows. Wiki it....Charlotte's Web CBD oil.

durrelllrobert - 4-25-2016 at 08:29 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
1968 'Fraternity of Man' Don't bogart Me

Easy Rider Soundtrack 1969

How old now?

"Don't bogart that joint, my friend....... pass it over to me....."

[Edited on 4-24-2016 by bajabuddha]

Did I ever mention that I went to Helix High with Dennis Hopper? He turned me in for smoking backstage during rehearsals for Sr. class play.

baconjr - 4-25-2016 at 09:07 AM

Dealing with a wife dying of cancer, medicinal pot kept here off opiates until she went into hospice. There is a eatable which is 100%CBD's without THC that worked. At the same time I had a old beagle who was is his final weeks of his life who was in pain and depressed with his dying owner. There is a product called Canna4Pets that is made from hemp and can be sold without the hassle. There is no measurable THC. The dog could hardly walk and wouldn't eat. I gave him the meds and that night he could walk again without apparent pain and ended up that night climbing up the stairs and getting in bed with me. It improved the quality of life and he lived comfortable for 5 months and had a cold wet nose and a wagging tail until his last 24 hours. The stuff works and those who think it is just getting stoned need to get it out of their mind. There is more research coming out about the effects of various Cannabinoids many will reduce pain, anxiety which will make you feel better without the high from THC.

bajabuddha - 4-25-2016 at 11:16 AM

Quote: Originally posted by soulpatch  
I smoke pot on occasion but only because, at times, I have PTSD issues.
I don't smoke in public but only when I want to get to sleep.
The high part is extra.... makes pretty much any lame comedy really funny.

Kinda like reading Goat-scrotes' comments on BN for me! :lol:

motoged - 4-25-2016 at 11:31 AM

It's unfortunate that there is such a moral judgement by some around the use of cannabis (in whatever form).

It's always interesting to read about folks glorifying their alcohol consumption and NORMLizing it as a social standard....but dissing cannabis users. The old Reefer Madness link has already been mentioned....seems like some folks buy into it.

Some folks react poorly to cannabis (especially when gobbling the brownies unknowingly :lol: ), but it is fair to say that for those with anxiety problems, it sometimes increases anxiety until the user is more "experienced"....it's a matter of dosage, intention, and managing one's consciousness...a challenge of balance.

High grade pot can certainly have psychotropic outcomes, but not usually hallucinogenic to the extent that LSD or organics (e.g. peyote cactus, psilocybin, etc).

"Medicinal" pot is a curious term....as has been referred to earlier...."medicinal" is more a reference to the application more than the strain....aside from the strains being developed to more the intended effect of pain and seizure management than the "high".

mtgoat666 - 4-25-2016 at 12:59 PM

Go into a medical pot place. They are primarily marketing pot to get buzzed, very few of the customers are there for treatment of any real disease.

motoged - 4-25-2016 at 01:32 PM

Go into a medical pot place. They are primarily marketing pot to get buzzed, very few of the customers are there for treatment of any real disease.

....and ?

willardguy - 4-25-2016 at 01:44 PM

CBD pain relief without THC, fascinating, I had no idea about this.
here's a question, if all this low to high test weed is available through dispensaries, who's buying all this pot thats being smuggled through the border??? is it that much cheaper?

motoged - 4-25-2016 at 02:18 PM

The crap coming from Mexico is for easy/cheap sales, I imagine.

Up here in the frozen wastelands, pot enthusiasts get to enjoy primo bud...."No stems no seeds that you don't need...". The same is likely true in parts of the USA where local growers offer a much better product than the Mexican stuff.

Since 9-11, the Canada-to-USA border smuggling is much more difficult and has decreased somewhat from what I have heard, but it happens regularly.

NorCal bud is a good contender/competitor for BC bud....don't know about what they smoke in Arkansas or Ohio....or in Kansas.

Mexican is cheap....

bajabuddha - 4-25-2016 at 03:35 PM

It's a very simple answer why Mexican weed is still coming over in TONS at a time; only a few States has decriminalized or ok'd medicinal use. As I've stated many times, if the rest follow suit the over-the-border demand will be nil.... especially for enthusiasts who can finally grow their own next to their tomatoes. Again, THEN the DEA can concentrate more on the serious stuff without wasting time and energy on something that is going to happen. Hopefully sooner than later. Kinda like letting women vote; who woulda thunk it?? Now they think they can run for President!

motoged - 4-25-2016 at 03:44 PM

Make America Great Again....grow it like they did while writing the Constitution....except without the slave labour.... :light:

Made in America....none of that "Bad Trade Deals" stuff from Mexico

elgatoloco - 4-25-2016 at 05:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by 8knots  
As part of my 3.5 year old grandson's treatment for epilepsy he is taking doctor approved, high CBD, low dose marijuana. He is fortunate to live in WA State where it is legal. There are parents from around the world trying to get approval for their child to take part in CO's program that uses special, high CBD stains to treat epilepsy. It was covered in depth by Dr. Sanjay Gupta on his show on CNN among other news shows. Wiki it....Charlotte's Web CBD oil.

Its criminal that this treatment, that has proven effective, is outlawed in most places. Saw the program and there are folks moving their whole families to states where they can get help.

Ateo - 4-25-2016 at 06:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by elgatoloco  
Quote: Originally posted by 8knots  

Its criminal that this treatment, that has proven effective, is outlawed in most places. Saw the program and there are folks moving their whole families to states where they can get help.[/

Yep. Criminal.

bajabuddha - 4-25-2016 at 06:50 PM

Ain't that the most apropos oxymo-r-on on the planet? Criminal it's criminal. Hmmm.

micah202 - 4-25-2016 at 08:33 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
CBD pain relief without THC, fascinating, I had no idea about this.
here's a question, if all this low to high test weed is available through dispensaries, who's buying all this pot thats being smuggled through the border??? is it that much cheaper?

....for the 3rd time! ;D .....

..here's more inf on high CBD.... http://www.leafscience.com/2014/02/23/5-must-know-facts-cann...

micah202 - 4-25-2016 at 08:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by soulpatch  

......... for sure, it takes care of the no-sleep PTSD issues... actually, for quite awhile on one round.

There is a lot of research going on with PTSD and hallucinogens for cures, too.

Beats the hell out of a lifetime of the anti-depressants the AMA wants you to ingest.

....there's many strains. Some ,yes, will make you sleepy,, others energized.... the store menu's usually have descriptions of the characteristics.

wessongroup - 4-25-2016 at 08:55 PM

Thanks for the good discussion

micah202 - 4-25-2016 at 10:45 PM

...a touching story on tonight's news....

...''Mia used to have hundreds of seizures a day and traditional medicine wasn't helping. Her mother turned to cannabis oil and Mia hasn't had a seizure in two years.''
http://www.cbc.ca/news/thenational/sherren-potoil-250416-1.3...

....what would YOU do if your grandaughter has the same epilepsy!?

wessongroup - 4-26-2016 at 08:09 AM

What Is THCV And How Is It Different From THC?

http://www.theweedblog.com/what-is-thcv-and-how-is-it-differ...

"THCV is a new potential treatment against obesity-associated glucose intolerance with pharmacology different from that of CB1 inverse agonists/antagonists."

"THCV has been found to reduce or even block panic attacks and, as a result, can be highly effective in the management of PTSD and other mental disorders involving anxiety or stress, as shown in research in places like Israel, where a great amount of cannabis research is done. THCV doesn’t appear to suppress emotions, only the ability to panic, associated with Fight or Flight response.

THCV has also been shown to reduce tremors associated with diseases such as Parkinson’s, along with ailments associated with motor control. There is also promising research demonstrating reduction of brain lesions associated with Parkinson’s.

THCV also stimulates bone cell growth, and has potential in the treatment of osteoporosis and similar ailments; possibly even in the micro gravity of space, to combat the loss of bone mass."

Fascinating field of study .... How things work :):)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetrahydrocannabivarin

[Edited on 4-26-2016 by wessongroup]

Barry A. - 4-26-2016 at 08:44 AM

Great links, guys-------many thanks. Much of this I was totally unaware of. This info should be main-lined in the Media as many of us are just knee-jerk opposed to MJ without knowing the full story.

micah202 - 4-26-2016 at 09:10 AM

....too bad it was illegal to do research for the last -50- years!!!

The first cannabinoid (tetrahydrocannabinol) was discovered in 1964 at the Weizmann Institute of Science in Rehovot, Israel, by Dr. Raphael Mechoulam and his colleagues, Dr. Yehiel Gaoni and Dr. Haviv Edery.

Research has been limited for the cannabis plant since that time, so a lot has yet to be discovered as to the traits and benefits of each cannabinoid.
http://www.theweedblog.com/what-is-thcv-and-how-is-it-differ...

Terry28 - 4-26-2016 at 10:32 AM

Puff--Puff--pass.......That's all you need to know..

motoged - 4-26-2016 at 12:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Terry28  
Puff--Puff--pass.......That's all you need to know..

And THAT'S the difference between a stoner and a medical user :lol:

woody with a view - 4-26-2016 at 02:48 PM

Cuz a medical user won't pass.....

willardguy - 4-26-2016 at 03:07 PM

uh huh shattered....;)

bajabuddha - 4-26-2016 at 03:09 PM

Nothing wrong with a 'responsible' stoner either. Less dangerous than the Affluenza Teen that plowed into a crowd killing four. Of course, as a bonehead he'd do the same thing after several big blunts of Maui Wowwie....... it's just so hypocritical for one to judge another's escapisms while sipping an adult beverage. Kinda like Mommy's Little Helpers in the 60's; she was gorked on Valium or Nembutal and Daddy had his Bourbon and ditchwater, but heaven forbid junior was doing a doobie.

Bajahowodd - 4-26-2016 at 04:53 PM

I still say the you should blame Nixon and his antipathy toward hippies during Viet Nam. So many Nam vets learned about pot while over there. Too many Nam vets died over there for no reason other than profits for the military industrial complex.

SFandH - 4-26-2016 at 06:49 PM

Marijuana became a Schedule 1 drug in 1970 when Nixon was president. Schedule 1 drugs are considered the most dangerous, heroin is also Schedule 1. The classification makes it difficult for scientists to study properties, uses, etc.

Bajahowodd - 4-29-2016 at 04:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Marijuana became a Schedule 1 drug in 1970 when Nixon was president. Schedule 1 drugs are considered the most dangerous, heroin is also Schedule 1. The classification makes it difficult for scientists to study properties, uses, etc.

Exactly. If it had not been for Nixon, the nation would not be having this fight today. Marijuana is more benign than alcohol. I say this even though I have not partaken in it for a couple of decades.

willardguy - 4-29-2016 at 05:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajahowodd  
Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  

Exactly. If it had not been for Nixon, the nation would not be having this fight today. Marijuana is more benign than alcohol. I say this even though I have not partaken in it for a couple of decades.

so its safe to say you don't know WTF you're talking about....:rolleyes:

Lee - 4-29-2016 at 06:14 PM

Any over weight, cancer stick sucking, martoonie lovers out there, don't even open your mouth.

mtgoat666 - 4-29-2016 at 06:23 PM

Any over weight, cancer stick sucking, martoonie lovers out there, don't even open your mouth.

How many people die every year from the trade in pot? Hundreds? Thousands?

If we accept the presumption that pot is a gateway drug for users that graduate to harder drugs like heroin, then pot contributes to about 10,000 deaths per year from heroin, plus many other deaths from meth, crack, etc.

P.s. For perspective you should state that 15000 per year die from guns.

[Edited on 4-30-2016 by mtgoat666]

DavidT - 4-29-2016 at 07:00 PM

P.s. For perspective you should state that 15000 per year die from guns.

[Edited on 4-30-2016 by mtgoat666][/ rquote]

Most of those died from bullets, although I'm sure a few were beaten to death with a gun after the shooter ran out of bullets

bajabuddha - 4-29-2016 at 07:25 PM

Lee, with all due respect, i'm two out of three.... I quit puffing tobacco at 28, but i'll say WHAT I please WHEN I please, and if you don't like it, FO&;D. BTW, i'm on your side, tough guy. You can be a civilian any time you choose.

One of the reasons I choose not to puff the pot any more is my heart disease; smoking of any kind is not a good idea. Also, some PTSD doesn't agree with it; I have a lot of Nam buds (pun intended) who do well with it, but some of us don't. So quit with the STFU advice already, willya? You're supposed to be a mellow-yellow kinda guy if you practice what you profess, que no, amigo? Also, you can prove anything with statistics or the bible they say. Again though, you're 99% correct.

Lee - 4-29-2016 at 09:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  

Lee, with all due respect, i'm two out of three.... I quit puffing tobacco at 28, but i'll say WHAT I please WHEN I please, and if you don't like it, FO&;D. BTW, i'm on your side, tough guy. You can be a civilian any time you choose.

One of the reasons I choose not to puff the pot any more is my heart disease; smoking of any kind is not a good idea. Also, some PTSD doesn't agree with it; I have a lot of Nam buds (pun intended) who do well with it, but some of us don't. So quit with the STFU advice already, willya? You're supposed to be a mellow-yellow kinda guy if you practice what you profess, que no, amigo? Also, you can prove anything with statistics or the bible they say. Again though, you're 99% correct.

Think I struck a nerve. You seem really upset. Maybe you're reading too much into this? What I'm writing is a joke. I'll lighten up if you lighten up. I'll start.

I'm voting for lightening up drug laws for everyone including MX. Sorry to read about your health. Remain calm, carry on.

micah202 - 4-30-2016 at 08:27 AM

...^^....yah,, someone gotta chill mon:cool:

wessongroup - 4-30-2016 at 04:00 PM

Israel develops revolutionary medical marijuana inhaler

http://www.israel21c.org/israel-develops-revolutionary-medic...

Think Canada has approved this means of delivery and there are a couple that have been approved and are being sold .. in Canada .... The FDA hasn't made its final call "yet" I might be wrong .. and will stand corrected if so

Lots of stuff coming out of Israel .... on the medical and/or clincial benefits of THC and/or other molecular variations of this substance

Ain't mother nature great ..

Would imagine that most of the "Majors" are fighting over who has the genetic patient on the plants DNA .... Kinda like the Seed Companies back in the mid 70's ... which lead to Monsanto's patient over their genome of Corn ... which is an interesting call in its self .... A patient on Life by a Chemical Company .. :biggrin::biggrin:

Grow it in your back yard ... and help stop the Cartels :biggrin::biggrin: If ya like smack ... Poppies .. If ya like blow ... sorry in most cases it only grows in its own climate which doesn't exist in large areas of the planet ... certainly NOT the North American continent

[Edited on 5-1-2016 by wessongroup]

bajabuddha - 4-30-2016 at 04:17 PM

THE GREATEST OXYM-O-RON FOR THE TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY;

MONSANTO-JUANA ! :lol:

motoged - 5-1-2016 at 11:54 AM

[
....If we accept the presumption that pot is a gateway drug for users that graduate to harder drugs like heroin....

That presumption is fear-mongering BS......

Unless you believe that Dairy Queen is a gateway substance to Häagen Dazs

mtgoat666 - 5-1-2016 at 12:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
[
....If we accept the presumption that pot is a gateway drug for users that graduate to harder drugs like heroin....

That presumption is fear-mongering BS......

Unless you believe that Dairy Queen is a gateway substance to Häagen Dazs

Want to talk about gringos, diet, obesity and diabetes?
I suppose gorging on ice cream goes well with munchies from pot, eh?

Btw, most people don't try heroin for the first time without first becoming comfortable with getting high on more common drugs like pot.
Drug abuse is a slippery slope for some people,... Some people just can't resist it after getting a little taste. Haven't you been around long enough to see that?

brewer - 5-1-2016 at 03:51 PM

I like what soulpatch said...

55steve - 5-1-2016 at 11:27 PM

Well I read all this and I am headed to bed....as soon as I consume my every six hours hydrocodone pill, followed by two 300 mg gabapentin pills and a couple hits off my medical THC vape cartridge....

G'nite!

cbuzzetti - 5-2-2016 at 08:35 PM

Isnt the true Gateway drug alcohol? How many of us tried Pot before booze?

Would you have tried Pot if you had not already been drinking?

Want to fix alot of societies problems? Figure out a way to reduce alcohol ingestion with out prohibition.