BajaNomad

Hello Tractor

Cisco - 4-21-2016 at 07:27 PM

Think of small agricultural communities.

"Don't bogart that ...."

http://www.hellotractor.com

http://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2016/03/29/47212957...

motoged - 4-21-2016 at 11:36 PM

Interesting concept...blend of minimal machinery w/ hi-tech...

Also potential for getting to and from town.

Barry A. - 4-22-2016 at 10:44 AM

Very cool, Cisco!!! Thanks for posting.

pacificobob - 4-22-2016 at 11:50 AM

excellent post. i hope the idea gains traction.

micah202 - 4-22-2016 at 04:22 PM

....looks like it's all designed that anyone with the $ to purchase one of these can provide a huge service to their area. ...very nice!

durrelllrobert - 4-22-2016 at 04:31 PM

wonder how long it will take before they set up a second factory in Mexico to avoid trsnsportation costs and import duty?

Cisco - 4-22-2016 at 05:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by durrelllrobert  
wonder how long it will take before they set up a second factory in Mexico to avoid trsnsportation costs and import duty?

Udo - 4-22-2016 at 08:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Cisco  
Quote: Originally posted by durrelllrobert  

Cisco - 4-22-2016 at 10:31 PM

42, the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe and Everything. This Answer was first calculated by the supercomputer Deep Thought after seven and a half million years of thought. This shocking answer resulted in the construction of an even larger supercomputer, named Earth, which was tasked with determining what the question was in the first place.

What's 43 Udo?

chuckie - 4-23-2016 at 07:04 AM

Easily the Dumbest idea I have ever seen....

micah202 - 4-23-2016 at 01:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Easily the Dumbest idea I have ever seen....

......tractors? ....or the 42 thing?? :?:

motoged - 4-23-2016 at 02:39 PM

Out on the plains of Kansas they use mules....non of that high falutin machine stuff.

Such tractors are already in use on many parts of the planet....maybe no GPS alert systems...but they are a great idea for some applications.

Or, if you disagree..... 44 !

Cisco - 4-24-2016 at 12:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by seasider  
Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by seasider  

The machine is probably underpowered for some things like plowing,

Is it? I realize in US factory farming we're used to monstor diesel tractors instead of this little 15 horsepower job, but historically a lot the world's fields have been tilled with one or two mulepower... :?:

I definitely don't know the answer. If small/subsistence farmers buy or rent this then maybe they would need to break up virgin land and increase production above what they could do with the animal power in order to pay for the machine .Also, deeper tillage beyond what an animal plow is capable of might be needed to break up compaction and increase yields...The list goes on... Anyone else have any ideas on how to help the farmers of Baja, if that's what we are talking about? Now that I think about it:P a good sized chunk of my food might come from Baja and some of those farmers will read this thread and shake their head.

Well, there are a thousand of these units in Nigeria in service at this time according to the article. If they were having a utilization problem with the machine I imagine it would have surfaced by now.

They were built as a tractor, to plow, haul, pull,...with 15 shp properly geared you could do pretty much whatever you wanted to.

I posted this thinking that this concept, indeed perhaps these very tractors, would be of use in the Ejido's, easily transportable to different locations in a pick-up truck. Many of the co-ops, including the fishing co-ops might have a use for them also. Neat for hauling skiffs around on the beach, transporting heavy or large items,...

I would love to see the Mexican Government get involved with a few thousand units, build them in-country and give them out to the subsistence farmers on a lease/buy program.

Lot of potential in a Mexican or central american country for these seasider. Golly, I think El Chapo's Organization could probably use a thousand of these at the least. And with a lease/buy program the Narco's would not have to front any money until the product was sold.