BajaNomad

Auto Insurance for MX & US

nomana - 5-3-2016 at 04:50 PM

Is there such a thing as auto insurance that covers Baja and the US?

nomana - 5-3-2016 at 05:08 PM

Perfecto. Muchas gracias

SFandH - 5-3-2016 at 05:17 PM

Sorry, I deleted my initial response, which you responded to above while I was deleting it.

In Mexico you need to have insurance issued by a Mexican company.

Contact these folks:

https://www.bajabound.com/

[Edited on 5-4-2016 by SFandH]

BAJA.DESERT.RAT - 5-3-2016 at 06:23 PM

https://www.bajabound.com/

YES, X-2

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

Udo - 5-3-2016 at 07:52 PM

X3

Two different countries...two different insurance companies.

nomana - 5-9-2016 at 02:46 PM

Bueno, gracias. I was hoping to make it simple with one insurance co and policy. Oh well. Gracias

nomana - 5-9-2016 at 03:53 PM

Anyone know of a US (San Diego) car insurance that I can purchase per day instead of monthly or yearly?

willardguy - 5-9-2016 at 04:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by nomana  
Anyone know of a US (San Diego) car insurance that I can purchase per day instead of monthly or yearly?

I just bought a short term u.s. policy from bernies in rosarito, 6 days was $24 Don't know if that helps you! while I was there I also bought a yearly mex policy, figured why not keep the money in mexico!

nomana - 5-11-2016 at 08:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
Quote: Originally posted by nomana  

I just bought a short term u.s. policy from bernies in rosarito, 6 days was $24 Don't know if that helps you! while I was there I also bought a yearly mex policy, figured why not keep the money in mexico!

Hmmm... I am subscribed to this thread but haven't been receiving notifications....

Yes, that is helpful. I will check into Bernie's. I'm no sure yet how often I'll be back and forth between MX and SD, but I'd rather be in MX as much as possible... Gracias

movinguy - 5-12-2016 at 12:36 PM

Some of the U.S insurers (AAA for instance) offer collision coverage on both sides of the border - in that case you just need to purchase a MX liability policy which you can get for around $150/year.

nomana - 5-12-2016 at 05:54 PM

That's good to know. Happy to have different options. Gracias

bajatrailrider - 5-12-2016 at 05:56 PM

My policy (Mexican plated truck) covers me. Mex and US. also free towing. Qualitas Compania de Seguros.

nomana - 5-14-2016 at 12:43 PM

That's great! Muchos gracias. I will look into that.