BajaNomad

Chevy's new Diesel

MMc - 5-7-2016 at 01:34 PM

Chevy has started shipping the new diesel colorado, It will be interesting to see how they fair. I am sure they will be a bit heavy. http://www.caranddriver.com/photo-gallery/2016-chevrolet-col...

chuckie - 5-7-2016 at 01:42 PM

Heavier than what?

woody with a view - 5-7-2016 at 01:48 PM

$31k for a base 4x4 ain't half bad. Still holding out for a Toyota diesel...

AKgringo - 5-7-2016 at 03:38 PM

Well they are still not offering the diesel in a model I would be interested in! I was hoping for an extended cab, with the six foot bed, and as rugged and simple as possible.

chippy - 5-7-2016 at 04:32 PM

Nice looking truck except for the wall o plastic up front. Low enough? What where they thinking?

MMc - 5-7-2016 at 10:36 PM

Heavier than the as version.

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Heavier than what?

chuckie - 5-8-2016 at 05:51 AM

Engine is made In Thailand...

tecatero - 5-8-2016 at 06:49 AM

wow, right from the first look you need a 3" lift, did the engineers forget that the diesel engine might add some front end weight, that truck is in a nose dive,,,,,,,,,,,,,plus , not sure if its true, but I was told chevy ghasis are cast iron not steel, which will bleed rust in front of your eyes

chuckie - 5-8-2016 at 07:45 AM

I heard the moon is made from Green cheese...

Toy diesel's

captkw - 5-8-2016 at 09:05 AM

Seen many Toyota diesels over the years from other places..Its that You Cant get them in that Great Free place called the USA !!also VW's diesels that get 80 miles a gal. that the rest of the world can buy but not in the US....Really sad...Keep waving that flag and head in the sand......:no:

chuckie - 5-8-2016 at 09:45 AM

I didn't say it was BAD, just that it was made In Thailand...One of the Highest Tech engine plants in the world.....I think its a hell of an engine..

surfhat - 5-8-2016 at 10:49 AM

Years ago I watched a profile of diesel Toyota FJ's in South America climbing mountains back and forth across the Andes that we never could get here in the states. Now that would have been a great high mpg model if allowed here. Plus, that was before some of the add on, restrictive and unreliable controls that have become a nemesis to modern diesels performance. Detuned to the point of, why bother with the cleanest burning most efficient and longest lasting engines on the market, they have now become a questionable choice. Those diesel FJ's got 30 plus mpg while the US models barely got 15mpg. I am sure there is a point of diminishing returns in regards to technology, but those diesel FJ's rocked.

TMW - 5-8-2016 at 10:53 AM

Interesting that the GMC version is almost $3,000 higher at the high end.