BajaNomad

Auto Body Repair

Baja Couple - 5-9-2016 at 12:03 PM

Hello Nomads,
I am looking for an auto body repair shop in TJ that does quality work. My truck suffered self inflected wounds to the bed/tailgate in San Felipe this weekend and we would like to take it to a recommended/reliable shop.

Thanks,
John

carlosg - 5-9-2016 at 01:01 PM

Hi BC,

Here's one in Tecate:

Quote: Originally posted by carlosg  
Hi John,

Here's a place I've done business with, I hope it is of help:

"El Tigre" from US: 011-52-1 (665) 654-3563 or 011-52 (665) 654-3563, his shop is on Calle Mexico along the border fence, west from the border crossing: as you pass the border inspection into Tecate, turn right at the first stoplight onto Avenida Revolucion drive for ten blocks then turn right onto Calle 15 for two blocks then turn right onto Calle Mexico and just before the middle of the block on the right hand side you'll see the shop. He's worked on my truck and I'm very satisfied with his work, he also has done work for my brother in Tecate as well.

For a nice place with clean toilets, great coffee and to have a good meal (fabulous weekend all you can eat Mexican buffett) try "El Tucan" at Motel "El Dorado" (clean inexpensive rooms) on Avenida Juarez and Calle Esteban Cantu; Esteban Cantu is two long blocks East from Calle 15 on Revolucion, here turn right and on the corner of E. Cantu and Avenida Juarez is "El Tucan": https://www.facebook.com/restauranteltucan/?fref=ts

Baja Couple - 5-9-2016 at 03:35 PM

Hey Carlosg,

Thanks for the quick response. I am going to give El Tigre a call. I appreciate you reaching out with the info.

John

DawnPatrol - 5-10-2016 at 09:30 AM

That looks like a good call John
Tecate is close!
Alan

Baja Couple - 5-10-2016 at 11:18 AM

Thanks Alan.

John

carlosg - 5-10-2016 at 11:33 AM

BC,

When in Tecate if you rather have great tacos instead of a clean, sit down restaurant, make sure to try "Los Amigos" across the street from McDonald's on the way out to Ensenada about 100 yds south of the main plaza... try one corn tortilla and a flour burrito or if your in for a real treat order a "quesadilla con carne" ...its huge!! Me and my family just love this tacos, I have been going there since a was a little boy... about fifty years ago...

Baja Couple - 5-11-2016 at 08:20 AM

Thanks Carlosg,
I am heading out there today. Tacos sound good, I'll make sure to go there hungry:D....

John