BajaNomad

Jake

chuckie - 5-10-2016 at 02:53 AM

DSC03203.JPG - 142kB

bent-rim - 5-10-2016 at 08:01 AM

Is this "Mulege Jake" a retired LA fireman that passed away a couple of years ago. He was a crack up. Too bad I can't repeat some of the things he said here. He had a b-tchen house on a hill overlooking Bahia Concepeion.

chuckie - 5-10-2016 at 08:12 AM

That's the very one...He died and his cats ate him....

bent-rim - 5-10-2016 at 09:02 AM

Firefighter to Friskies. That's too bad.

motoged - 5-11-2016 at 02:14 PM

I delivered some BMW Airhead club stuff to him at his hillside house under construction in 1995....was a bit taken aback by his full-size N-zi flag and large photo-poster of a lynching (hanging) victim swinging from a tree proudly displayed in his "radio room"

Finished my beer and motored on ...:no:

carlosg - 5-11-2016 at 02:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
I delivered some BMW Airhead club stuff to him at his hillside house under construction in 1995....was a bit taken aback by his full-size N-zi flag and large photo-poster of a lynching (hanging) victim swinging from a tree proudly displayed in his "radio room"

Finished my beer and motored on ...:no:

..good for you... the kitties probably got indigestion or salmonella....

bent-rim - 5-11-2016 at 03:04 PM

He was a firefighter in Watts. I think that experience colored his attitudes.

motoged - 5-11-2016 at 03:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bent-rim  

It seems that his attitude may have "coloured" his experiences...
no excuses work for that guy....he initially seemed likeable enough when talking beemers for 10 minutes...but his values and politics differ substantially from mine.

I really regret giving him my "Million Miler" button.

Poor cats.

KurtG - 5-12-2016 at 08:32 AM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
Quote: Originally posted by bent-rim  

It seems that his attitude may have "coloured" his experiences...
no excuses work for that guy....he initially seemed likeable enough when talking beemers for 10 minutes...but his values and politics differ substantially from mine.

I really regret giving him my "Million Miler" button.

Poor cats.

Agreed, I expressed my disgust at the N-zi flag and the lynching photo and never went inside his house again.

chuckie - 5-14-2016 at 07:58 AM

I only talked to him once, down at the Bar....Found the Tshirt the other day.....

motoged - 5-14-2016 at 11:26 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
I only talked to him once, down at the Bar....Found the Tshirt the other day.....

Chuckie,
Interesting....it was paperwork regarding that sidecar rally that I delivered to Jake ....Pony Express type camaraderie with the BMW Airhead club (airhead being the engine design of "air-cooled" type) was my first sense of purpose with Jake. He was in the process of "finishing" his hillside home...an enviable "ubicacion".

While politely gruff, he offered me a beer for my troubles of finding him and delivering the paperwork....it was all OK for me until I noticed his "value affiliation".

Each to their own...

chuckie - 5-14-2016 at 11:43 AM

BMW used to have a "1000 mile day" club....Iron Butt..A chap had to log 1000 miles in a 24 hour period, and got a pin for his effort. I got one by riding to someplace forgettable in Texas, and another one 2days later on the way back...Must have been mad, eh? I was riding my R100RS...

bajabuddha - 5-14-2016 at 05:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Why are y'all even mentioning such a despicable scum bag? Sounds like someone that deserves to be forgotten.

Now, THAT is the true epitome of IRONY.

chuckie - 5-14-2016 at 05:35 PM

I see my last post was deleted already....:?:

motoged - 5-14-2016 at 09:03 PM

I was riding my R100RS...

I had a '96 RS....dark silver ....prettiest bike BMW ever made !

bajabuddha - 5-14-2016 at 09:07 PM

I see my last post was deleted already....:?:

I think I can guess why; my grandpa's name was Richard... :lol: