BajaNomad

Mulege - Camping advice

Bluto - 5-10-2016 at 08:29 AM

My wife and I started planning a little trip down to Mulege. While we have driven past it Mulege we have never stopped there. We would like camp out there for a couple of days and we are looking for any recommendations on where to camp.

We bring everything with us and would like to camp down near the beach.

Our plan is drive down on the first day and stay at bahia de los angeles then on the second day drive down to Mulege.

bajaguy - 5-10-2016 at 08:42 AM

Just a suggestion - Stop and explore Mulege, then head down to Bahia Concepcion, just south of Mulegé. Plenty of camping spots along the bay

Stop by Mark and Olivia's place at Playa Buenaventura. See Nathan for a possible camping spot and try their delicious cheeseburgers!!

MMc - 5-10-2016 at 10:18 AM

The Beaches south of Mulege are all good. Camp with groups as there is some theith that goes on if you are remote from the other campers.
Look at Punta Chivato too. It is north of Mulege and is also very nice. I believe a bit less used.
All the beaches are on the AAA map, and find the one that suits your needs. Go have fun.

willyAirstream - 5-10-2016 at 10:52 AM

Yes, camping on any of the beaches on Bahia Concepcion is great. Your other option is to camp near town and do day trips to the Bahia.
Don Chanos has cheap spots with showers and Pancho Villa (outstanding breakfast ) has free spots with make shift showers, both on north river road. On the south side you can camp at Cuesta Real, pool and shower for 50 pesos or so. That is south river road. All those are secure, you could leave your stuff, while you explore Mulege area. There is also free camping on each end of river road, north and south.

BajaMama - 5-11-2016 at 05:44 AM

If you happen to be close to Mulege over a weekend stop in at the Serinidad (south end of Mulege)and see if the pig roast is happening. I hear it is a good dinner and fun time.

Thanks for the information

Bluto - 5-11-2016 at 07:25 AM

Thanks guys for the information. We will head out early tomorrow morning!