BajaNomad

TelCel Store in Rosarito

nomana - 5-28-2016 at 04:47 PM

Do the employees at TelCel in Rosarito speak English as well as Spanish. My Spanish is very limited and I need a SIM for my cell phone. Gracias

SFandH - 5-28-2016 at 05:33 PM

I bet there is at least one employee there that knows some English.

Perhaps before you go use Google translate to learn how to say what you want. Clicking the little speaker icon will activate an audio translation. It really is some incredible software when you think about it.

https://translate.google.com/

nomana - 5-28-2016 at 05:50 PM

Gracias. I am trying to prepare my "speeches" jaja

I completely agree. I often think back to when I was a kid and the cost of phone calls etc. Now there's google translate, Skype etc.... It is truly amazing.

Saludos

JAG - 5-29-2016 at 07:17 AM

I have been there many times and yes they always seem to have someone that speaks English. just ask the person at the door that gives you a number.

nomana - 5-29-2016 at 03:28 PM

Muchas gracias

nomana - 5-31-2016 at 07:10 PM

In case anyone is curious, I just came back from the TelCel store en Rosarito. It was quick and easy. Gracias

weebray - 6-1-2016 at 07:04 AM

TelCel has, without a doubt, some of the most handsome, well dressed staff you will encounter in Mexico. For the most part they have no idea what their company does or what their different plans are. You may come away shaking your head in confused disbelief. BTW their texting skills are at the highest level and that's what they do all day long.

nomana - 6-1-2016 at 01:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by weebray  
TelCel has, without a doubt, some of the most handsome, well dressed staff you will encounter in Mexico. For the most part they have no idea what their company does or what their different plans are. You may come away shaking your head in confused disbelief. BTW their texting skills are at the highest level and that's what they do all day long.

jaja Yes, even the woman who gave me the ticket number said the man I was about to speak to was "muy guapo". I have heard from people who have had issues getting certain plans etc at TelCel. Fortunately I had no such issue. Perhaps a combination of knowing exactly what I wanted and having a helpful rep. He was great about answering the questions I had. I have also found TelCel email support to be very helpful, and a good way to practice Spanish.