BajaNomad

2016 Baja 500 June 2 - june 5 course map

tecatero - 5-30-2016 at 06:13 AM

Hi BM's, I am planning on driving south ( Mexicali-San Felipe-GuerroNegro) on Wednesday June 1. I just saw the Baja 500 runs on June 2. Think the area thru Chapala is doable or do they block non pre running traffic, any input appreciated as I really don't want to go thru TJ, SQ, etc

PaulW - 5-30-2016 at 06:40 AM

Public traffic is never impeded or restricted during the prerun period. Prerun is done on the actual race track not on the highways you plan to use. And the portion of the race south of hwy3 has been used so much that prerun is usually minimal. No need to alter your plans.
BTW the race is June 4. June 2 is the day of qualifying at a location way far from your driving route. June 1 should be a good drive day.

tecatero - 5-30-2016 at 07:27 AM

Thanks PaulW,
I've been stuck behind or in front of pre runners once before and it was no fun.......the adventure continues

durrelllrobert - 5-30-2016 at 08:00 AM

Hi BM's ???? That's a sh**y thing to call us :?::?:

David K - 5-30-2016 at 09:15 AM

Highway 5 will be no more difficult to use two days before the race than any other day. Guerrero Negro is the Spanish spelling of Black Warrior (the name given to the lagoon near the salt mine town using the name). Black Warrior was a ship that ran ashore in the lagoon.

Edit, since this post mentions map, here is the course map on Google (thanks to StuckSucks): http://pizzamanagement.com/portfolio/2016-baja-500-course-ma...

[Edited on 5-30-2016 by David K]

tecatero - 5-30-2016 at 09:45 AM

Quote: Originally posted by durrelllrobert  
Hi BM's ???? That's a sh**y thing to call us :?::?:

oops BN's