BajaNomad

Gonzaga trip june 29

EduardoR - 6-1-2016 at 06:30 PM

I am planing a trip to mulege from tijuana.
And in my way back to tijuana i want to go to gonzaga bay.
And travel via gonzaga-san felipe- tijuana.
Some advices to take on mind???

BigBearRider - 6-1-2016 at 07:04 PM

Look for various threads on the HWY 5 construction. There's 23 miles if dirt from about Gonzaga to Laguna Chapala. Do a search for these key words, and you'll find tons of info.

ehall - 6-2-2016 at 04:54 AM

It will be nice and warm. Alfonsinas has a/c. Make a reservation.

willardguy - 6-2-2016 at 08:56 AM

I'd stop and take a look at Gbay then head into san felipe for the night

rts551 - 6-2-2016 at 09:18 AM

Quote: Originally posted by ehall  

yes at 80-100 per night.

ehall - 6-2-2016 at 10:01 AM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  
Quote: Originally posted by ehall  

yes at 80-100 per night.

Yes, I think we paid $80 for a double last May.

AKgringo - 6-2-2016 at 11:13 AM

Eduardo, Welcome to the forum! I see from your profile, that you are much younger than most of the folks who follow this forum. If you check back to look for reply's to your post, it would be helpful for us to know a few things about you.

What are you driving or riding, or are you using buses and rides?
Are you solo or with a group?
Are you camping, low budget roomer, or looking for some comfort?

From your e-mail address, it appears that Spanish is your first language, so you will do much better than most explorers. Check back for updates, and have a great trip!

EduardoR - 6-2-2016 at 12:09 PM

I am traveling ina jeep xj 1999.
Whit my wife and my daughter of 3 years.

In 23 years of life, i travel to mulege 8 times, and always i eanted to go to gonzaga bay.
Hopefully yours advices will help my .

David K - 6-2-2016 at 12:27 PM

Jeeps were made for dirt roads!

Gonzaga Bay

janai229 - 6-6-2016 at 05:39 AM

We went to Gonzaga Bay for the first time last November. The 23 miles of dirt road were not too bad and we found Gonzaga Bay to be beautiful. We camped there for 2 nights while fishing and paddle boarding in the Bay. We spent the first night in a campground that got more and more crowded during the night and next morning. Admittedly, part of the crowds was due to the fact the the Baja 1000 was going through. After the first night, we moved to a more isolated campground further south and were the only folks there. It was clean and even had showers. The name escapes me but it had something to do with a whale. The caretaker was charming. We will definitely spend more time there in the future. With the new highway, it cut down our driving time immensely from Southern Baja to Colorado. The little store across the highway was great for re-supplying and we even found some different tequilas that were quite delicious. Enjoy your trip !!!!!

[Edited on 6-6-2016 by janai229]

David K - 6-6-2016 at 08:13 AM

Quote: Originally posted by janai229  
We went to Gonzaga Bay for the first time last November. The 23 miles of dirt road were not too bad and we found Gonzaga Bay to be beautiful. We camped there for 2 nights while fishing and paddle boarding in the Bay. We spent the first night in a campground that got more and more crowded during the night and next morning. Admittedly, part of the crowds was due to the fact the the Baja 1000 was going through. After the first night, we moved to a more isolated campground further south and were the only folks there. It was clean and even had showers. The name escapes me but it had something to do with a whale. The caretaker was charming. We will definitely spend more time there in the future. With the new highway, it cut down our driving time immensely from Southern Baja to Colorado. The little store across the highway was great for re-supplying and we even found some different tequilas that were quite delicious. Enjoy your trip !!!!!

[Edited on 6-6-2016 by David K]

rocmoc - 6-7-2016 at 06:37 AM

Quote: Originally posted by janai229  

We are headed down in the very near future. How was the road coming in to Beluga? From google earth looks like sand near the beach. Will be pulling a car trailer behind Class A motorhome.
Thanks,
rocmoc n AZ/Baja

EduardoR - 6-7-2016 at 07:41 AM

Thank for the advices.
I will report from there!

dizzyspots - 6-7-2016 at 09:57 AM

Part of the road coming into Beluga IS very sandy, but just keep a good pace/momentum...its well traveled... Beluga is nice, because of the availability of the flush toilets and showers (room temp)...we usually stay at GB because of the friends that we have made over the years are up there...

EduardoR - 6-7-2016 at 12:13 PM

Thr beluga beachs are prety??

David K - 6-7-2016 at 02:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by EduardoR  
Thr beluga beachs are prety??

It was low tide this morning (Feb. 2006):

janai229 - 6-9-2016 at 02:36 PM

Yes, that was the spot. Beautiful indeed. Can't wait to return !!!!