BajaNomad

cheap flight san diego / sacramento / san diego?

BajaBlanca - 6-15-2016 at 04:59 PM

does anyone know of any super deals out there for flights from san diego the first week of July to last week of July.

dates are flexible. preferable for him to leave noon onwards and return early (so he can get to TJ to return).

sending Julian - the international biz student in his junior year - to Sacramento to intern with a bajanomad!

The best bet would be for him to leave via TJ and go to Sacramento but boy, they want $500 plus for that.

alternatively, does anyone have frequent flyer miles they could spare? that would be so sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Thanks in advance for any help. My computer is so slow I am having a hard time getting information. Definitely the downside of living so remotely.

bajaguy - 6-15-2016 at 05:08 PM

Check Southwest on a daily basis. Look for the Get-a-way fares

AKgringo - 6-15-2016 at 05:35 PM

Is Stockton CA a reasonable place for the sponsor to pick up your student? They are trying to become a real passenger terminal, and Allegiant Air has some very low rates for a San Diego-Stockton route.

https://www.kayak.com/flight-routes/Stockton-SCK/San-Diego-S...

[Edited on 6-16-2016 by AKgringo]

Bajaboy - 6-15-2016 at 06:11 PM

Alaska Airlines just started service from San Diego to Sacramento. You might check them out for deals.

AKgringo - 6-15-2016 at 06:27 PM

I just looked at the Alaska Airline prices. They are my favorite airline, but if your student is able to use the Allegiant Air connection from San Diego to Stockton, the round trip would be well under $200.

Unfortunately, they only have a few flights a week, but it would be worth it to drive a little more to save three or four hundred dollars.

BajaBlanca - 6-15-2016 at 07:09 PM

thanks!

mtgoat666 - 6-15-2016 at 07:32 PM

Look at southwest. They also include free bags.

Allegiant and Alaska may look cheaper at first glance, but then they will charge you for bags. That ain't right!

Hard to beat southwest, they do things right and are usually cheapest game in town.

Bajaboy - 6-15-2016 at 08:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Look at southwest. They also include free bags.

Allegiant and Alaska may look cheaper at first glance, but then they will charge you for bags. That ain't right!

Hard to beat southwest, they do things right and are usually cheapest game in town.

no charge for bags if you have an Alaska Airlines credit card

BajaBlanca - 6-15-2016 at 09:47 PM

got the ticket

went with allegiant

total price $272 and yes, they charged for bags but I guess if you don't have one, that certainly makes sense. I think it was $15 per bag each way = $30

thanks so so much, everyone. as it was, took me almost an hour with the internet fading in and out.

but we have success and we have a student going abroad to practice English with a wonderful nomad family!

there are 3 other students who would like to go to san diego....it can be for a week for 2 weeks - whatever. One is studying translation in Ensenada and she was my student but is not in the scholarship program. she is an easy one since she has her visa already.

the other two ARE in the scholarship program, they need passports at $1300 pesos and they will need visas at ???? not sure.

If interested, please drop me a U2U.

LaTijereta - 6-16-2016 at 04:27 PM

Volaris has direct flights from TJ to Oakland.. Thursdays and Saturdays.. They can about $5500 mxp RT...