durrelllrobert - 6-16-2016 at 09:31 AM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  
came across this today http://www.kingsofcabo.com

instead of kings of cabo their site should called: sofa king stew pet

micah202 - 6-16-2016 at 09:51 AM

Quote: Originally posted by durrelllrobert  
instead of kings of cabo their site should called: sofa king stew pet

...goodun.
The best I can come up with.... 'stupid is as stupid does' :)

MMc - 6-16-2016 at 10:11 AM

What is the first rule of buying property in Mexico?

chippy - 6-16-2016 at 10:36 AM

Would you walk away from a fool and her money?

StuckSucks - 6-16-2016 at 10:53 AM

This *isn't* a Trump deal gone south!

Lee - 6-16-2016 at 10:57 AM

Scam waiting to happen.

Seriously, people shouldn't build down here if they aren't down here. This stuff is all too common. Trusting gringas.

SFandH - 6-16-2016 at 11:18 AM

At least her money hasn't disappeared, it's sitting there as part of that 2 million dollar house. Getting a piece of a sale is not totally impossible, close to it though I suspect.

Plus I bet Amerimex has deep pockets her lawyer can go after if they're party to the fraud. They've been in TS since gringo trailers under palapas were hot properties.

Too bad she didn't hire the lawyer at the start of the process. It's an interesting law office, referenced in the write-up. Offices in Chula Vista and TJ. Experts in Mex real estate.

http://www.lawmexico.com/

Check out TS real estate listed by Amerimex:

http://www.amerimexrealty.com/amerimex-properties/

[Edited on 6-16-2016 by SFandH]

elgatoloco - 6-16-2016 at 02:54 PM

Holy guacamole.

rts551 - 6-16-2016 at 03:19 PM

Amerimex and John Moreno are part of the same group fighting against the development, Tres Santos.

Weird how things come back around. Lots of money and competition in the area...Far from the sleepy little town they make it out to be.

Maybe they can do another rock and roll fund raiser for her next year...oh...those guys got kicked out...sorry.

rts551 - 6-16-2016 at 07:21 PM

John Moreno says he is a victim of a smear campaign. All he is doing is trying to help the local people. He does not even know this woman. http://www.bcsnoticias.mx/tras-ser-exhibido-en-documental-po...

mtgoat666 - 6-16-2016 at 08:23 PM

"A fight for justice." The victim is peddling a movie about her victimhood? Crickey! Cry me a river! Sounds like she is a big fool with more money than sense!

And I really find it distasteful that people are building mansions in TS,... And then telling sob stories when the rich rob from the rich.

Whatever!

They all deserve what they get.

[Edited on 6-17-2016 by mtgoat666]

rts551 - 6-16-2016 at 08:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
"A fight for justice." The victim is peddling a movie about her victimhood? Crickey! Cry me a river! Sounds like she is a big fool with more money than sense!

And I really find it distasteful that people are building mansions in TS,... And then telling sob stories when the rich rob from the rich.

Whatever!

Distasteful? and just where should they build?

mtgoat666 - 6-16-2016 at 08:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  

Whatever!

Stay in cabo!
The gring development has already ruined TS, so I suppose I shouldn't care anymore, eh?

rts551 - 6-17-2016 at 07:21 AM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  

Whatever!

Stay in cabo!
The gring development has already ruined TS, so I suppose I shouldn't care anymore, eh?

Since you do not live there. NO.

chippy - 6-17-2016 at 08:17 AM

Goat if you where there in the 70s and early 80s just be happy with the memories:bounce:. By the late 80s TS was toast:mad:. Now its just plain lame:light:. Let em have it

pacificobob - 6-17-2016 at 08:39 AM

yes, todos/pesky....very lame. please remain clear of the area!

Ateo - 6-17-2016 at 09:04 AM

Dang. She better be careful. This sounds like a nightmare. She's pretty much screwed either way. I wouldn't even want to live there after all that happened.........would always have to look over your shoulder every single day for the rest of your life.

SFandH - 6-17-2016 at 09:53 AM

I just wish they'd re-open the RV Park on the beach at San Pedrito. 25 years ago or so I used to hustle down there with a couple of boards strapped to the top of my truck's camper shell. Three dollars a night. Palapas on the beach, flush toilets, showers, a swimming pool (sometimes) and big, round palapa restaurant/bar. Absolutely perfect. A streak of hurricanes over several years washed the place away.

I still like the place and would go back if there was a beachfront RV park.

Hope this gal gets some of her money back.

[Edited on 6-17-2016 by SFandH]

chippy - 6-17-2016 at 10:04 AM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  
yes, todos/pesky....very lame. please remain clear of the area!

Not to worry its all yours (+the hordes of wankers). Made the mistake of going thru there last summer and couldn`t get outa there fast enough. It ruined some fond memories.

Lee - 6-17-2016 at 11:32 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chippy  
Goat if you where there in the 70s and early 80s just be happy with the memories:bounce:. By the late 80s TS was toast:mad:. Now its just plain lame:light:. Let em have it

More observation while passing through? By the way, the wankers you saw were probably the happy hour crowd at Shut Up Franks. Those folks would want to talk with you about your attitude.

Lee - 6-17-2016 at 11:45 AM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
I just wish they'd re-open the RV Park on the beach at San Pedrito. 25 years ago or so I used to hustle down there with a couple of boards strapped to the top of my truck's camper shell. Three dollars a night. Palapas on the beach, flush toilets, showers, a swimming pool (sometimes) and big, round palapa restaurant/bar. Absolutely perfect. A streak of hurricanes over several years washed the place away.

Close. Ignacio hit August '03 and the park was gone. The area is owned by the Pamilla family and for sale. See upper end residential development coming -- think Punta Lobos.

tiotomasbcs - 6-17-2016 at 01:02 PM

Pamilla family? Not! Development?? Your good buddy's house almost washed away during Odile, Lee. Didn't I see you, Ralph, during the Electronic Rave during Easter? Now back to Complainers Corner. I gotta go to Franks for a cold beer. Easy. Tio

rts551 - 6-17-2016 at 01:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by tiotomasbcs  
Pamilla family? Not! Development?? Your good buddy's house almost washed away during Odile, Lee. Didn't I see you, Ralph, during the Electronic Rave during Easter? Now back to Complainers Corner. I gotta go to Franks for a cold beer. Easy. Tio

Not me. Too much smoke wafting through the air. Have drifted though in the last year looking to see what all the hub bub was about. Stopped in at the yoga place and the coffee shop for a latte. Then went down the street for a tie dye Tshirt and to check out the bongs.

chippy - 6-17-2016 at 04:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  
Quote: Originally posted by chippy  

More observation while passing through? By the way, the wankers you saw were probably the happy hour crowd at Shut Up Franks. Those folks would want to talk with you about your attitude.

No those are observations from alot of beach time there during those decades. SUFs sounds like a special place:lol:

rts551 - 6-29-2016 at 10:01 AM

and the saga continues. Complainant urging response to her allegations. http://www.bcsnoticias.mx/abogados-de-estadounidense-estafad...

gnukid - 6-29-2016 at 10:37 AM

Questionable from all sides: it should be obvious that a movie trailer is not a documentary series nor makes a legal case. Wondering in social media about where the so-called money transfer went does not make a legal case to prosecute or even deserve public response.

To put a larger lens on the overall legal environment: Today it is reported that the ex prosecutor for the Procurador in charge of Robo de Casa in BCS Samgar Gomez Reyes was executed today with long term ties to narco-cartels.
http://www.bcsnoticias.mx/ejecutan-en-la-paz-a-samgar-gomez-...

Nothing will come of this case, ever, except to distract from the environmental issues at play within the development in Todos Santos.

Realistically, tourism could help the fisherman and the town people, but the real issue is abuse of power/land/water.

MexicoTed - 6-29-2016 at 10:36 PM

What timing. I just had a friend ask me what I knew of Amerimex Realty as they were interested in some land in the hills outside town. I had told him about a month ago that as far as I knew they had been in business for a long time, so probably reputable.

And now???? How can I recommend them (whether they knew about this or not)?

Any recommendations for a local real estate agent there (and believe me my friend will follow the rules of buying in Mexico unlike this woman).

I do feel for her, but she is one of the most gullible I have ever seen.

Ted

gnukid - 6-30-2016 at 10:42 AM

Here is an interesting summary of the real estate development and corruption affect on todos santos and BCS.

http://www.contralinea.com.mx/archivo-revista/index.php/2016...

Translation

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=es&tl=en&j...