BajaNomad

RETURN FMM ADDRESS

BAJA.DESERT.RAT - 6-18-2016 at 10:20 PM

Hola,

not looking for any back and forth, just want the address to return three fmm's to mexico or some address in the states.

i kinda remember there was a san diego address to do so years ago but had a fm3 for years.

i do have the tijuana address posted by david k but it is in spanish and i don't know if the U.S. postal service will deliver it.

if that is the address, how much is the postage to tj ?

any advice would be helpful, not trying to open another can of worms, just trying to do the right thing.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

woody with a view - 6-19-2016 at 05:01 AM

trash can.

vandy - 6-19-2016 at 05:20 AM

INSTITUTO NACIONAL DE MIGRACION
PUENTE PUERTA S/N
COLONIA FEDERAL
TIJUANA, B.C. MEXICO C.P. 22310

Postage from the IS to MX is $1.15

I think

[Edited on 6-19-2016 by vandy]

Hook - 6-19-2016 at 05:50 AM

I swear I read on some authoritative site, very recently, that the MX Govt came out and said that they did NOT need to be returned any longer. Cant remember where I saw it.

Apologies if this creates your dreaded back-and-forth scenario, but it is a worthy topic of discussion. Looks like you have already gotten your address.

First hand experience!

John M - 6-19-2016 at 07:25 AM

I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth..........

Two weeks ago at Mexicali west we stopped to get a new tourist card. Our old 180 day ones had expired a few days earlier. I gave the old ones to the fellow at the desk, he used the information on them to fill out our new ones (he did all the work), then gave both the old and the new back to us and said we're all set. Somewhere along the line we paid $25 each.

I tried to hand the old ones back to him and he politely refused.

John M

David K - 6-19-2016 at 08:11 AM

Trash can.
Things change.
Relax, enjoy, Viva Baja!

DawnPatrol - 6-19-2016 at 09:01 AM

I had this address from a couple years ago (for what its worth) They probably throw it out when they get them. I no longer mail mine back because of the above discussion/experiences

But here it is, knock yourself out....

PUENTE PUERTA S/N
COLONIA FEDERAL

PHONE # FROM U.S. 011-52-664-682-9862
FROM MEXICO 01-664-682-9862
FROM TIJUANA 682-9862

Alan from San Diego

BAJA.DESERT.RAT - 6-19-2016 at 12:05 PM

Hola,

O.K. thanks, into the trash they go.

on second thought, i'll put them in the photo album with the pictures of the three of us, grandfather, father, grandson, first baja trip together and the fish we caught in san quintin.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

woody with a view - 6-19-2016 at 12:22 PM

OR, put up some pics here of the kids with their SH!T eating grins!

BAJA.DESERT.RAT - 6-19-2016 at 12:56 PM

hey woody,

great idea but...i'm a bit computer challenged or i would have. besides, my son has all the pictures on his phone and go pro.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

sancho - 6-19-2016 at 01:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  

Apologies if this creates your dreaded back-and-forth scenario, but it is a worthy topic of discussion. Looks like you have already gotten your address.

It APPEARS the trash can wins, HOWEVER, getting the 7 day fmm at Mexicali West a mo. ago, the Imm Officer said, and his
English was perfect, I needed to return it. Since that is the crossing I use, I will return them. For a reason that escapes me,
that office is peculiar in returning the free fmm. Also said one
can use the 180 day fmm for mulitiple trips. Does not seem to
be a total agreement with the crossings from TJ to Algodones
on policy

[Edited on 6-19-2016 by sancho]

fdt - 6-19-2016 at 05:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by vandy  

PUENTE PUERTA S/N
COLONIA FEDERAL

Postage from the IS to MX is $1.15

I think

[Edited on 6-19-2016 by vandy]

Sorry but that address was demolished over a year ago

David K - 6-20-2016 at 08:27 AM

That's funny Ferna!

MitchMan - 6-20-2016 at 10:39 AM

A couple of weeks ago, my wife and I crossed the border at Otay Mesa on foot. We stopped at the INM office (on the foot path to the taxis) to get an FMM for my wife. She handed the guy at the INM her old but recently expired FMM and he scolded both of us for not turning it in before it expired. I then asked him where can we turn the FMM in when we return by foot from Mexico to the USA at Otay and he said, in a very dismissive way with neither hesitation nor even concern over the blatantly obvious inconsistency that he, in his position, was presenting by his ridiculous response that he "didn't know".

There is no question in my mind that there is no function performed with turned-in, unexpired FMMs. They are insisting on a policy for which they have no plan to do what it takes to make compliance feasible. Pretty stupid.

[Edited on 6-20-2016 by MitchMan]

Bajahowodd - 6-21-2016 at 05:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
trash can.

Such great advice. Unless and until Mexico upgrades its software, they apparently have no central record of who comes and goes. So, anyone who wants to waste time turning in their FMM, salud! But it is a waste of time.