BajaNomad

Beginning August 15, Bank of America no longer waiving fees at Santander

SFandH - 6-20-2016 at 08:30 AM

I recently received an email from B of A stating:

"We want to let you know about an upcoming change since you've used Banco Santander ATMs in the past:

Beginning August 15, 2016, if you use your Bank of America card at a Banco Santander ATM in Mexico for a withdrawal, transfer or balance inquiry, our Non-Bank of America International ATM Usage Fee of $5 and the Santander ATM operator access fee will no longer be waived."

[Edited on 6-20-2016 by SFandH]

willardguy - 6-20-2016 at 10:04 AM

first they screwed us on the international fees now this. time to dump this bank if you haven't already ;)

MitchMan - 6-20-2016 at 10:25 AM

I was under the impression that BofA and Santander stopped all freebees a couple of years ago (or more).

AKgringo - 6-20-2016 at 01:13 PM

Bank of America issued my Alaska Airline Visa card, and I am OK using that for credit purchases.

I have never used it for cash draws, and with those fees, I never will! Five bucks, plus Mexico bank fees for things like a transfer or balance inquiry? Ridiculous!

imlost - 6-20-2016 at 01:57 PM

Well that just sucks. And just when I thought I had it all figured out.
I wonder if there is another bank in the US that has a partnership with a bank in Mexico. It sure would be nice to avoid those fees.

willardguy - 6-20-2016 at 02:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by imlost  
I wonder if there is another bank in the US that has a partnership with a bank in Mexico. It sure would be nice to avoid those fees.

charles schwab.....reimburses all fees! ;)

SFandH - 6-20-2016 at 03:31 PM

Fidelity also reimburses all ATM charges. I use it.

https://www.fidelity.com/

rts551 - 6-20-2016 at 03:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
Quote: Originally posted by imlost  

charles schwab.....reimburses all fees! ;)

Wonder how long before they change as well. One of the few left waiving fees except for smaller credit Unions.

bajagrouper - 6-20-2016 at 04:21 PM

Citi Bank owns Banamex, I can withdrawal up to $2000 USD a day at a Banamex ATM fee free.....Capitol One and Schwab reimburse all fees...

woody with a view - 6-21-2016 at 05:16 AM

my CU allows me $600/day and charges a fee. if BA charges $5+$3+/- by the atm owner that adds up to what? 1.3%??? not a large sum to get money from a machine-in a foreign country-24 hours a day.

unbob - 9-6-2016 at 08:57 AM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Fidelity also reimburses all ATM charges. I use it.

https://www.fidelity.com/
Not according to this statement on the Fidelity web site!

"there is a foreign transaction fee of one percent that is not waived, which will be included in the amount charged to your account."

https://www.fidelity.com/cash-management/fidelity-cash-manag...