BajaNomad

aaaa-OOOOOOO !!!!

bajabuddha - 6-20-2016 at 08:02 PM

Hope y'all enjoyed the moon rise tonight. A 'Stwawberry Moon" last seen in early 1960's ('62? maybe '67) and won't be seen again for another 60+ years.... on the solstice that is. Solstice today (MDT) was at 6:42 MDT, so I hope a few of you closet wiccans got yer wish tonight.

Personally, I got mine; as the moon was just barely full my neighbor's dogs were on their usual sunset bark for food..... I just helped out their plaintiff cry a little. Four or five good howls from the depths got 'em really going, even though mine weren't as deep or lengthy as they used to be.

HAPPY SOLSTICE, AND STRAWBERRY MOON!

AKgringo - 6-20-2016 at 08:29 PM

It is a bit cloudy to the east here in Anchorage, and beside that, the sun won't even set for another four hours or so!

About nineteen and a half hours are sunlight this time of year, and the rest are twilight conditions.

bajabuddha - 6-20-2016 at 08:46 PM

Solly Charrie...... t'was beautiful here in Baja NM.... the 'strawberry' lasted an hour, now it's just .... another.... full moon...

But both on the solstice, once every 60+ years. Kewl beans to my eyes. Even got out my horn-rimmed testicles to watch it.

Again, happy Solstice for the folks who appreciate it. AK, you have your own multi-spectacular visits in your land up in the Great White North, even if it is Los Ankorage. Keep smilin', buddy.
bb

Fernweh - 6-20-2016 at 10:33 PM

Summer Solstice Moon over Los Angeles

Picture by P. Volger

BajaBlanca - 6-21-2016 at 06:29 AM

wow

it was cloudy here

That is a very beautiful photo of the strawberry moon!

bajabuddha - 6-21-2016 at 08:17 AM

For those who love to howl, it should show up 'strawberry' for the next few nights at moonrise.... just have to wait an extra 40+ minutes each night. The red fades after about a half hour or so, but man, is it peachy..... I mean, strawberry... :coolup:

And Fernweh, what are those objects in the distance to the left of Mr. Cheesehead? Are they aircraft? I count at least 7, looks to be on a glide-path for landing.....

toneart - 6-21-2016 at 01:39 PM

Those are UFOs. They cannot be seen with the naked eye during a Strawberry moon, but they can be caught on camera.:D