BajaNomad

TMW comes to La Bocana

BajaBlanca - 6-27-2016 at 03:53 PM

Just had a wonderful bajanomad stop by! He came bearing lots of goodies!!

First off two laptops he is donating to the scholarship kids. This was so needed by the scholarship kids! Homework and testing is done via laptop and two kids do not have a working computer.

There really are no words to thank Tom adequately:

and then he also brought clothes and sneakers for all the kids and even pots and pans for Julian, who recently moved into a new place:

It was really good to see Tom. He finally got to try Les's polish eggs and I think he was not disappointed.

[Edited on 7-1-2016 by BajaBlanca]

ehall - 6-27-2016 at 04:08 PM

Nice work Tom.

Frigatebird - 6-27-2016 at 04:49 PM

Well done sir!

4x4abc - 6-27-2016 at 05:44 PM

Tom is the best!

woody with a view - 6-27-2016 at 06:33 PM

Cool!

mcnut - 6-27-2016 at 06:37 PM

Tom is just a wonderful asset to this forum and the human race! Way to go.

Bruce

jbcoug - 6-27-2016 at 06:46 PM

Good work Tom!

Ateo - 6-27-2016 at 07:47 PM

Nice work Tom and Blanca! You are two very friendly and helpful Nomads. Gracias for all that you do.

David K - 6-27-2016 at 08:34 PM

I am amazed at the mileage he's been covering the past two days! Good job TW!

BajaBlanca - 6-28-2016 at 10:23 AM

Not only that folks, from La Bocana, after a first visit to Bahia Asuncion, Tom was on his way to deliver goods to Coco.

and I failed to mention that he even brought a gift for Les - lots of flashlights for the B&B, those cute harbor freight ones. With replacement batteries. lots of them. The electricity goes out at least once a week and guests have to maneuver pitch black darkness when it happens....our flashlights seem to vanish in the air - we can never have enough. This was really a sweet gift!

What a guy. :bounce::bounce::bounce:

David K - 6-28-2016 at 10:30 AM

I am following Tom via satellite and the day he left you he 'easily' made it to Bahia Asuncion then to Coco's, and on north San Felipe. All these paved roads in Baja are sure changing how long it takes to go someplace different!

shari - 6-28-2016 at 10:44 AM

dang it...sorry I missed you Tom but I am in Ensenada with Sirenita who will have her baby any day now! Hope our paths cross one of these days!

David K - 6-28-2016 at 11:12 AM

TW is back in Alta California, just crossed the border.

tiotomasbcs - 6-28-2016 at 12:10 PM

Congratulations Sr Tom on a work well done! And Blanca is a Guardian Angel for her Bocana kids. Hope to visit someday soon. Blessings. Tomas

TMW - 6-29-2016 at 08:24 AM

Thanks everyone for your kind words. If you are lucky enough to be in La Bocana and have a breakfast that Les makes you will not be disappointed. It was great.

Much of the stuff I brought down was from Blanca's mom in San Diego. She is great at finding stuff that the kids need. If anyone is heading south and have room U2U Blanca and see if there is anything ready to come down.

I took Coco some stuff along with a picture of Marilyn Monroe. It was one of those which is three pictures depending on which side or the front that you view it from. He had me hang it and I took a picture of him with it over his shoulder. I'll post it later this week.

I had to attend a service memorial in San Diego for a friend that pasted away. I needed a Baja fix so I packed up and went south. I didn't want to stay too long as my wife is recovering from surgery and while she can get around the house OK she is not 100% or close to it. Our neighbors are very helpful.

FYI, I crossed back at Tecate around 11 am Tuesday and it took me less than 10 minutes.

Genecag - 6-29-2016 at 09:02 AM

Great Job Tom! Sharing is caring as Vecinos.

BajaBlanca - 6-30-2016 at 06:53 PM

Please come and visit one and all! I really enjoy making new friends and definitely enjoy visiting with old ones.