BajaNomad

Pedregal

fishbuck - 7-7-2016 at 12:35 PM

Can anyone share any info about the origin and early history on Pedregal in San Quintin? Like who built the first house and who built the runway and when?
I got there in about 2003-4 and I estimate 20 or so years after it was started.
I know Rafael Orendain was the developer but nothing else.
I believe all the original home owners are gone.

[Edited on 7-7-2016 by fishbuck]

pauldavidmena - 7-7-2016 at 03:01 PM

It looks like the resort's website has its own history blurb right here. I do know that Coldwell Banker Riveras, serving Cabo, Todos Santos and the East Cape, has its origins in the earliest days of Pedregal.

fishbuck - 7-7-2016 at 04:08 PM

Different Pedregal but interesting forsure.
My understanding is that Pedregal means " lots of rocks" or " rocky field" or " rocky place".
I know of a few places with that name.

Bajahowodd - 7-7-2016 at 04:59 PM

The Pedregal Cabo area is now hosting some of the absolute most expensive real estate in Mexico. High end hotels and multi-million dollar
homes. They dug a tunnel under the mountain to gain easier access to the land on the Pacific.

When I contrast that to my first visit to Cabo back in 1982, when there was but a single paved road, my head wants to explode.

liknbaja127 - 7-7-2016 at 07:45 PM

I have friends that live there and do know a lot of the history there.
He stocks here all the time but will not join up! I can u2u his e-mail
if you want

willardguy - 7-8-2016 at 01:55 PM

a couple times here i've inquired if anyone has old photo's of the area, nada.....my earliest recollection of the old mill hotel there were car ports between each room (that were eventually turned into rooms) and each room had stove and refrigerator, the showers at best were a trickle from the old wooden tank.
someone has to have photo's from the era, old mill, ernesto's, how about the old pier hotel....still there?

fishbuck - 7-8-2016 at 02:02 PM

I have seen a photo of Rafael in front of the old steam engine and nothing else is there.
As the english left it.