BajaNomad

Giving away computers!

BajaBlanca - 7-7-2016 at 09:19 PM

So, as you all probably remember, TMW donated 2 computer laptops recently.....so absolutely needed and so wonderful.

Here are those two beautiful laptops being handed out:

Alfonso, a junior, got the first one, he studies International Business in La Paz and desperately needed a good computer to do research and even test taking:

The second one went to Martha, she will be studying Engineering in Santa Rosalia this August- within an hour of telling her that I had one for her, she and her mom and dad were in my livingroom with huge smiles!

Thanks Tom - thank a million!

and I have a small Dell which belongs to Cristina, who will be starting college August 2017, It only needs a charger, if anyone wants to sponsor one? I have no idea of the cost....

and this is Cristina:

I gave her 8 notebooks and a 3 ring binder with loose leaf paper and pens, pencils, and a highlighter. Her family has decided to move to Ensenada for her senior year. She hopes to move to La Paz for college. We will keep in touch since she is a straight A student, won an award this past year for such a high GPA. As long as she keeps getting those A's.....she will be a part of next year's group of sponsored estudiantes!

55steve - 7-7-2016 at 11:56 PM

I may have a Dell charger.....I'll check tomorrow.

SFandH - 7-8-2016 at 07:01 AM

Charger for Dell Inspiron Mini

$6.36

https://www.amazon.com/1-58a-Adapter-Charger-Dell-Inspiron/d...

rhintransit - 7-8-2016 at 07:06 AM

getting it to Cristina...priceless. anyone?

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Charger for Dell Inspiron Mini

$6.36

https://www.amazon.com/1-58a-Adapter-Charger-Dell-Inspiron/d...

BajaBlanca - 7-8-2016 at 07:30 AM

really? so inexpensive! If someone wants to sponsor it, I have a friend coming down on the 25th of this month. I can send an address for shipping!

:bounce::bounce:

TMW - 7-8-2016 at 07:56 AM

You're welcome Blanca and thank you for what you do for these young men and women. As I've said before they are the future and a good education opens up the world to them.

KurtG - 7-8-2016 at 10:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
really? so inexpensive! If someone wants to sponsor it, I have a friend coming down on the 25th of this month. I can send an address for shipping!

:bounce::bounce:

Blanca,
I have that charger (bought it just before the computer it was for died) so if you send me your friend's address I will mail it immediately.
Kurt

BajaBlanca - 7-8-2016 at 02:40 PM

I jumped the gun and had Les order one for Cristina! dang.....it doesn't seem like much but every dollar counts and your contribution would have been very welcome.

Thanks so much for offering Kurt!

BajaBlanca - 7-9-2016 at 06:28 AM

news flash - the internet has been chaotic here and the part did not get ordered. I will write to you Kurt! superb!

KurtG - 7-9-2016 at 09:12 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
news flash - the internet has been chaotic here and the part did not get ordered. I will write to you Kurt! superb!

Got your u2u.
I was going to send it anyway just so you could have a spare.

BajaBlanca - 7-9-2016 at 03:27 PM

:biggrin:

jbcoug - 7-9-2016 at 03:55 PM

Alls well that ends well!