fishbuck - 7-9-2016 at 03:36 PM

Vrs. Open forum like Bajanomad

Is it better? Pros, cons and otherwise?

4x4abc - 7-9-2016 at 03:41 PM

check it out yourself:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TalkBaja/

fishbuck - 7-9-2016 at 04:36 PM

I sort of like Ron's page.
Maybe I don't understand it but it seems randon and rambling. But kind of interesting.

fishbuck - 7-9-2016 at 04:53 PM

Wierd now I can't get back in. I screwed up my facebook password and can't fix it. That's why I don't like facebook.

Ken Cooke - 7-9-2016 at 04:54 PM

Did you ever travel to Venezuela? Some unfortunate things happened to some of my in-laws who had lived there.

Ken Cooke - 7-9-2016 at 06:40 PM

Speaking from experience, don't get married until YOU REALLY WANT TO get married. Outside pressure is just that. Had I waited 1 year (as I had wanted, initially) in 2001...

My wife tells me (and I have read) that Venezuela is outta control. Colombians are being deported, targeted - it's generally unsafe for them to reside there at the moment. Hopefully, things will improve.

MexicoTed - 7-10-2016 at 12:10 AM

Is this topic about what is better to use for Baja information? Instagram, Facebook or this forum. Little confused.

Here's Doug's Facebook by the way

https://www.facebook.com/bajanomad/

Hook - 7-10-2016 at 02:19 AM

I much prefer the organized, by subject area, aspect of forums, to the (as you noticed) randomness of chronological posts on a site like FB or Instagram. It's also so much easier to find info on forums.

Udo - 7-10-2016 at 07:18 AM

I try to keep up with the haps in Venezuela...there is just too much stuff going on.
What happened to your in-laws, Ken?

Quote: Originally posted by Ken Cooke  
Did you ever travel to Venezuela? Some unfortunate things happened to some of my in-laws who had lived there.

Osprey - 7-10-2016 at 07:26 AM

Fish, thanks. That's what I've been waiting for: the lowdown on the life and times of the flying Lothario.

You are a sly devil employing the HUSBAND IN JAIL, WON'T SIGN THE DIVORCE PAPERS marriage loophole. Not many of us out here who even knew about that particular backdoor trick. It's not even one of the 50 ways to leave your lover.

Mexitron - 7-10-2016 at 12:08 PM

An improved photo uploading program would be great here (that almost every other site or app now has...)...maybe a "like" button too, lol. Otherwise as stated above the organizational advantages for this forum type are much better.

[Edited on 7-10-2016 by Mexitron]

Ken Cooke - 7-10-2016 at 12:14 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Udo  
I try to keep up with the haps in Venezuela...there is just too much stuff going on.
What happened to your in-laws, Ken?

Quote: Originally posted by Ken Cooke  

Check your U2U

willardguy - 7-10-2016 at 12:15 PM

facebook? the ability to hide and block.......priceless ;)

Ken Cooke - 7-10-2016 at 12:26 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  

I was invited to an old friends house for his birthday party last August. Long story short, he hid and blocked me after I put on some Colombian CHAMPETA music videos at his party. I guess I have that effect on people..:rolleyes:

fishbuck - 7-10-2016 at 01:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  

I think this is what I was after. Some prefer it I think.

David K - 7-11-2016 at 10:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  
I much prefer the organized, by subject area, aspect of forums, to the (as you noticed) randomness of chronological posts on a site like FB or Instagram. It's also so much easier to find info on forums.

THIS!:light:

Skipjack Joe - 7-12-2016 at 08:10 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Osprey  

the life and times of the flying Lothario.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
I'm crying.

woody with a view - 7-12-2016 at 09:44 AM

Leave it to Osprey to come up with the word of the day!

Bajahowodd - 7-12-2016 at 05:31 PM

Not a Facebook or instagram member. Basically lost my connection to my friend Ron. But as a cranky old man, who does not own a smartphone, I do fine with my internet and e-mail account.

Can anyone tell me why it is amazing to watch a movie on a frikkin' phone?

fishbuck - 7-12-2016 at 06:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajahowodd  
Not a Facebook or instagram member. Basically lost my connection to my friend Ron. But as a cranky old man, who does not own a smartphone, I do fine with my internet and e-mail account.

Can anyone tell me why it is amazing to watch a movie on a frikkin' phone?

Same thing. I lost my connection to Ron. Fun to watch a short u tube video.