BajaNomad

Gearing up for the teens xmas party

BajaBlanca - 7-19-2016 at 05:25 PM

As most of you are aware, every December I put on a party for the scholarship teens in our village of La Bocana. It is a major project as I take the project seriously.

This year, my mom is spending the month of July visiting us for a month - and we are busy getting everything that we already have into boxes for each recipient:

Each one gets toothbrush toothpaste shampoo soap:

They will also get a Spanish - English dictionary this year! I included a bookmark I brought back from Europe in each one. Thanks Bajanomad Tom:

and Bajanomad John told me I would not need ties for a long time and he was NOT kidding! Each one will be getting 2 gorgeous ties and I still have lots left over:

I have already started mentoring and English classes with 2 of the super smart teens who will be doing their senior year starting this September, then getting college scholaships in 2017.

Here is Javier's xmas box in the making:

Here is Javier in the backyard open air classroom at our B&B:

and here is Cristina:

I am so lucky to have my mom helping out! 82 and the best assistant ever.

:biggrin:

BajaBlanca - 7-19-2016 at 06:24 PM

CaboMagic Lori sent a wonderful donation of shoes and clothes which have been divvied up amongst the kids:

John brought so much stuff! pens and pencils and notebooks and crayons and of course, the ties. He also brought clothes for tall and big guys and I have a couple of those:

and Kathy from Punta Abreojos gave me business attire. Her daughter changed jobs and Kathy donated all her formal biz clothes to my kids:

I am so very lucky to have nomads who so generously bring down what my mom buys and who do generously donate to these kids.