BajaNomad

U.S Short term insurance?

meme - 7-27-2016 at 01:41 PM

Is there any insurance company that provides insurance U.S ------- 1-5 days coverage? I seem to have read at some point about someone in Ensanada that does this but have no info on this & would like to look into it? Presently in San Felipe location.

Bob and Susan - 7-27-2016 at 03:50 PM

you should talk to your Mexican insurance company that you have now...

I was talking to a businessman from tecete a few weeks ago that travels to the USA all the time...about just this

he said his Mexican coverage covers him in the usa also for a limited time per visit

worth looking into

I crossed at tj 2 weeks ago and saw a billboard for temp usa insurance...about 10 bucks a day with a phone number
I think at tecete the mailbox place just after you cross sells insurance too

there MUST be a place right across the border where you cross for san felipe

bajaguy - 7-27-2016 at 03:53 PM

Elena Bretts Paul
(646)178-4394 (Ensenada)
elenabretts@yahoo.com

U.S Short term insurance?

meme - 7-27-2016 at 05:03 PM

I did contact my insurance & he says they will not let him write that kind of insurance. Thank you Bajaguy that's the person I was thinking of n Ensenada.
Who is your carrier soulpatch?

del mar - 7-27-2016 at 05:06 PM

in rosarito folks use a local outfit called "bernies ins" for short term u.s. insurance.

bajaguy - 7-27-2016 at 05:13 PM

She will do the purchase on-line, just print it out

Quote: Originally posted by meme  
I did contact my insurance & he says they will not let him write that kind of insurance. Thank you Bajaguy that's the person I was thinking of n Ensenada.
Who is your carrier soulpatch?

Car Insurance

meme - 7-28-2016 at 10:04 AM

Thank you all --good info.
:-) :-)

bill erhardt - 7-28-2016 at 12:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by meme  
Thank you all --good info.
:-) :-)

meme.....I contacted Elena at the email address provided above by Bajaguy and she advised that she does sell insurance for short term excursions to the U S, but only for those who have Mexican auto insurance through her. Did you find a source for short term insurance through a provider without such a requirement?

Terry28 - 7-28-2016 at 01:41 PM

They sell it in line at the border...pretty easy...

del mar - 7-28-2016 at 02:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Terry28  
They sell it in line at the border...pretty easy...

only for mexican plated cars I believe......I was able to buy short term insurance from bernies while my mx policy was thru Vags.

[Edited on 7-28-2016 by del mar]

meme - 7-28-2016 at 02:52 PM

No I have not found anything yet that is not affiliated with ones current Mx insurance bill Eherhart. I am hesitating to contact my Geico as I do not want to stir up a hornets nest considering I have an Az DL , South Dakota Plates & registration & South Dakota Insurance for U.S.lus Mx. Drivers license insurance. Sometimes they just get to be too much for little return. I have just been looking for a cheaper way because we do not go to U.S often & I am paying for 6 months at a time for insurance.