BajaNomad

How to move back north?

WhackAMolE - 7-30-2016 at 03:59 PM

I may be contemplating a move back north of the border for a while. I have a small amount of stuff, maybe a 1-br apt full of household belongings.

What is the procedure for crossing the border northward? I'd be looking for a mover who knows what paperwork if any is needed, advice on packing, etc. Do I need everything itemized, etc. Any advice appreciated.

tjsue - 7-30-2016 at 04:04 PM

Danny Garcia (MEX/USA movers) moved me to and from Tijuana. He owns his own trailers, know what he's doing, and has reasonable rates. 619-634-8963. You can find him on Craigslist.

The only paperwork that I had was a list of furniture that I had, which wasn't (and still isn't) much. You can pack the way you normally pack, and I didn't itemize anything.

chuckie - 7-30-2016 at 04:16 PM

I just overloaded Ol Smokey, had a big yard sale, and left...Most furniture isn't worth moving....Spent a lil time in secondary and was back norte,,,easy peezy

BajaBlanca - 7-30-2016 at 04:28 PM

If you are just going for a while, why not consider storing it and getting basics in the states (maybe family can lend or you can buy used) and resell when you are ready to come back? Just a thought.

Alm - 7-30-2016 at 06:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Most furniture isn't worth moving....

... and storing. Unless you get really "Mexican" storage rates.

Border agents are not interested in "household stuff".