BajaNomad

Community mural art project

Whale-ista - 7-30-2016 at 08:31 PM

This article and community artwork on Isla de Mujeres caught my eye:

http://lynda-notesfromparadise.blogspot.mx

It reminded me of Shari's functional artwork at Sirena in Asuncion, and made me think of this project for Baja.
IMG_1634

Wonder if something comparable would be possible in some communities in Baja- arrange to host muralists in exchange for some artwork?

Murals

tehag - 7-31-2016 at 06:42 AM

Lots of murals in Baja Sur.

chuckie - 7-31-2016 at 07:06 AM

Some of them are really elegant!

shari - 7-31-2016 at 08:38 AM

that is one hefty mermaid! l love murals of all sorts...Ensendada has some cool ones too.

Bajahowodd - 7-31-2016 at 04:30 PM

Whale-Ista! Thanks for posting this about a place in Mexico that has nothing to do with Baja.

Anyone who even thinks about going to Cancun needs to rethink their decision. Cancun is Cabo on steroids. But a 20 minute ferry ride to Isla Mujeres brings you to a place that is a combination of Mexico, Cuba, and the Caribbean. The main street in town is a pedestrian mall that runs like ten blocks. There is a street parade every night. So much fun.

The beaches on the West side of the island are to die for.

Better yet, if you want to go to the mainland to see the attractions such as Chichen Itza you can have a rental company meet you at the dock.They have valet parking there so you can keep the car to drive around town. Just get off the ferry and hand your ticket to the valet.

Outside of Cabo, our visit to Isla Mujeres was our most enjoyable in all of Mexico. And, we have been all over Mexico- Acapulco, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico City, San Miguel. Etc.