BajaNomad

Lagunitas beer now at OXXO

del mar - 8-1-2016 at 03:08 PM

craft beer lovers....OXXO has just busted out a 6.2 IPA and a 7.5 Little Sumpin' ale. and as always, OXXO beer is just a tad above freezing.
cheers! :yes:

[Edited on 8-1-2016 by del mar]

BooJumMan - 8-1-2016 at 03:55 PM

Funny, I was just talking to a buddy who lives in Mexicali and he was talking about how his new favorite beer is Lagunitas.

chuckie - 8-1-2016 at 04:08 PM

there are only TWO beers in the world...Pacifico and Coors (not lite)

bajabuddha - 8-1-2016 at 04:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
there are only TWO beers in the world...Pacifico and Coors (not lite)

We can still be friends. :cool:

p.s. Just had a Perfect 'Tini made with Old Bushwacker in your honor; pinky up.

[Edited on 8-1-2016 by bajabuddha]

chuckie - 8-1-2016 at 04:30 PM

Flock U! and that aint the name of a college....

Bajahowodd - 8-1-2016 at 04:51 PM

Interesting. Oxxo is owned by FEMSA which is a company owned by Heinekin International, That also owns Coca Cola of Mexico. They may control half of the beer brands in the world. So much for anyone talking about craft beer. Heinekin owns half of Lagunitas.

del mar - 8-1-2016 at 05:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajahowodd  
Interesting. Oxxo is owned by FEMSA which is a company owned by Heinekin International, That also owns Coca Cola of Mexico. They may control half of the beer brands in the world. So much for anyone talking about craft beer. Heinekin owns half of Lagunitas.

so what? heinekin owns 25% making it not a craft beer:rolleyes:.doesn't make it any less enjoyable....just more accessible!

bajaguy - 8-1-2016 at 05:23 PM

Make your own craft beer, it's pretty easy

Quote: Originally posted by Bajahowodd  

Bajahowodd - 8-1-2016 at 05:27 PM

Your math is off. They own 50%. Just don't know what autonomy they have from one of the biggest brewery conglomerates in the world.

I recall the days in Mexico when there were so many different independent breweries in so many towns such as Mazatlan or Tecate, Monterrey or even Mexico City.

Now, there are maybe three companies that control almost all of the beer in the world.

chuckie - 8-1-2016 at 05:34 PM

So? Do you have a point here? Or as usual just runnin the mouth?

mtgoat666 - 8-1-2016 at 05:49 PM

The big Brewers sell a lot of swill. Bud, Miller, corona, pacifico, etc. it is undrinkable swill.. The beer available in most of Baja is mostly swill, right inline with the big Brewers biz model of selling swill to rubes that only look for a cheap buzz.
For Baja, Bring better beer from USA, as the Baja craft scene hasn't yet made it to prime time

When I was 18 years i old drank rainier, oly, beer-beer, schlitz, mickeys big mouth, and colt 45. Can't believe I admit to any of the that... I do miss rainier for its tV commercials. Who killed rainier?

[Edited on 8-2-2016 by mtgoat666]

SFandH - 8-1-2016 at 05:54 PM

The big companies buying up all the world's breweries are smart cookies. There will ALWAYS be a growing market for beer (((((hic))))) ;)

I'll have to try Lagunitas, but if it is expensive I'll be back to Tecate Lite. I know, I know, no taste but I like it.

David K - 8-1-2016 at 06:02 PM

https://lagunitas.com/beers

Which one ???

chuckie - 8-1-2016 at 06:03 PM

Goatley, the SWILL master....

bajaguy - 8-1-2016 at 06:03 PM

Maybe you should come down to Baja once in a while and check out the craft brewers

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

For Baja, Bring better beer from USA, as the Baja craft scene hasn't yet made it to prime time[Edited on 8-2-2016 by mtgoat666]

Bajavanadu - 8-1-2016 at 06:31 PM

Awesome! Love lagunitas!

Hook - 8-1-2016 at 07:36 PM

Talk to me when they start carrying Deschutes beers.

Santiago - 8-1-2016 at 08:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  

Amen brother, Amen.

bajabuddha - 8-1-2016 at 08:27 PM

Half my kingdom for a case of Heilemann's Special Export !

Bajaboy - 8-1-2016 at 09:16 PM

let me know when these bombers show up: https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/220/35738/

BajaMama - 8-3-2016 at 06:19 AM

Just got done with the Bend Ale Trail - so many beer tastings, such little time...

Bajahowodd - 8-3-2016 at 04:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
So? Do you have a point here? Or as usual just runnin the mouth?

I think I made my point. So just wanted to give you reason to post inasmuch as you live to diss me.

bent-rim - 8-3-2016 at 05:39 PM

A buddies dad turned me onto Heilemann's special import in the early 80's. Terrific beer, is it still around? I haven't seen it in a long time.

SFandH - 8-3-2016 at 06:23 PM

Darn it, I'm in TJ at a friend's house that I stay at a lot and just went to OXXO for some beer and running on auto pilot pulled out of the cooler a 6 pack of Tecate Lite, 78 pesos.

Maybe tomorrow I'll remember to buy some Lagunitas. Maybe........

Nice afternoon in "playas" as the neighborhood is called. Partial marine layer, mid-70s. Beers on the terrace on the bluff overlooking the ocean, south of the bullring.

[Edited on 8-4-2016 by SFandH]

bajabuddha - 8-3-2016 at 09:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bent-rim  
A buddies dad turned me onto Heilemann's special import in the early 80's. Terrific beer, is it still around? I haven't seen it in a long time.

I got completely enamored of it in the '80s. From what I understand the company went out of business by 2000-ish.

Damnit. Great suds, warm or cold; the perfect river-runner's ale. :coolup:

AHA!!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G._Heileman_Brewing_Company

READ ON AND WEEP. Of course, related to Stroh's, yet another bye-gone brew bereft of well-bred beer-meisters. May I also note the presence of PBR; good pizza-beer and informal football nosh..... and when you're out of Pabst, tough Shlitz.

*sniff* Onward, IPA lovers. :smug:

[Edited on 8-4-2016 by bajabuddha]

charliemanson - 8-4-2016 at 11:48 AM

Best beers on the planet ( that I have traveled). A really good option is Minerva pale ale from guadalajara. Just a pain to have it shipped from the mainland, but worth it.

Going now to taste the Lagunitas at OXXO who only has sold really crappy beer (Tecate products) so far.

Dang OXXO has ran all the mom and pop Pacifico stores out of business. Sorry, that would be another thread.

Bob H - 8-4-2016 at 08:46 PM

I wonder if this includes their Aunt Sally beer!?!?

https://lagunitas.com/beers/aunt-sally#

Marc - 8-7-2016 at 01:09 PM

When knocking down boilermakers what difference does it make? Even a Pacifico or Coors will do.

JZ - 8-7-2016 at 04:40 PM

Which Oxxo?

This is great news. Lagunitas is a legit good beer. Anyone yapping about this beer and that beer is better is just blabbering. It's pretty good and more importantly it's great to have more IPAs available in Mexico.