BajaNomad

Crossing border north, in a mexican plated 2014 Toyota Diesel

tecatero - 8-3-2016 at 05:04 AM

Just got a little mexican plated Diesel Toyota Hilux, great truck. Going to visit some family in SoCal next week. Just curious if the US customs will let me cross in it. Obviously it does not have all the emission bells and whistles required in CA, but nor do the gas vehicles from mexico, any input appreciated.

Bob and Susan - 8-3-2016 at 05:30 AM

if its Mexican jst make sure the windshield isn't cracked and get insurance...good to go

tecatero - 8-3-2016 at 05:46 AM

got those items covered ,,,thanks.....

cabo-ash - 8-3-2016 at 06:31 AM

Never had any problems taking my Mexican Plated truck into the US

David K - 8-3-2016 at 07:02 AM

Please post a photo... Hilux trucks are highly esteemed by Tacoma owners.

bajatrailrider - 8-3-2016 at 07:20 AM

I drive my Mex plated 14 Nissan turbo Diesel. In the US no problem. Here is my Question How did you find a Hilux Diesel in Mexico. Before I got my new Nissan Diesel in 2014,I went to Toyota Dealer in Ensenada. They said the Hilux is only 2.7 gas motor,No diesel,no 4x4 in Mexico. We all know all the other South American country's have the Hilux Diesel.

bajatrailrider - 8-3-2016 at 07:40 AM

I stand corrected looks like they stared the Diesel in Mexico in 2015. Time to sell the Nissan.

David K - 8-3-2016 at 07:43 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
I stand corrected looks like they stared the Diesel in Mexico in 2015. Time to sell the Nissan.

:light::D;)

bajatrailrider - 8-3-2016 at 08:34 AM

I searched 2017 Hilux Mexico 4x4 diesel.

bajatrailrider - 8-3-2016 at 08:43 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

:light::D;)
David I love my Nissan Turbo diesel,but I think its number 2 compared to Toyota Diesel. After I got the truck brand new.Less then 1 month old I dropped over 5 grand $ in it. Modifying for Off road most parts came from Australia. If I can get the Hilux 2017 with all the goods diesel/double cab/4x4/stick shift. Sell the Nissan its got less then 15K on it.:light:

bajatrailrider - 8-4-2016 at 12:27 PM

I think I searched Mexican Hilux Diesel. I saw a test on it. I just called Toyota dealer in TJ. They said the Hilux Diesel 4x4 is not available till May 2017. So just wondering how the poster has one.Could we get details.Most Mexican Dealers salesmen Are not informed well,when I bought my 14 Nissan diesel. The salesmen said we have never ordered one before.Even when you call the factory hot line Nissan no answer/emails no answer. Truck was ordered with down payment.Promised in two weeks,three months later I got truck. Turns out they had to build in in Mexico DF. Then After truck arrived I Pd cash balance. Only to be informed You cant drive truck without INS. General Manger said we have competitive INS rates.He came up with a policy of 2800$ dollars a Year(without Us coverage). I said no thank you.Drove of First place I went in,Got it for 750$ dollars Mex and US Ins free Towing. I placed my policy on his desk,said whats up. As I left with truck he said,Nissan factory will call you in one week.To ask about how well you where treated here.He had the nerve to give pre printed sheet what to say. I said you betcha.

chippy - 8-4-2016 at 05:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  

How weird; I just did so and found several sites that referred to that vehicle for sale in Columbia and Australia, but for the life of me I cannot find anything referring to its sale in Mexico. Do you have a link to the specific site where you found that information?

Thanks--

It was probably imported from Guatemala.

bajatrailrider - 8-4-2016 at 08:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chippy  
Quote: Originally posted by lencho  

How weird; I just did so and found several sites that referred to that vehicle for sale in Columbia and Australia, but for the life of me I cannot find anything referring to its sale in Mexico. Do you have a link to the specific site where you found that information?

Thanks--

It was probably imported from Guatemala.
That is a good answer.

tecatero - 8-5-2016 at 06:32 AM

It was brought in from Panama, before that not sure,,,,,,I had no idea until I did some research, 2wd basic model but its cool

Cisco - 8-5-2016 at 06:54 AM

Well, Here's What A Genuine Toyota Hilux Diesel Sells For In America.

http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/well-heres-what-a-genuine-toyo...

bajatrailrider - 8-5-2016 at 07:57 AM

Quote: Originally posted by tecatero  
It was brought in from Panama, before that not sure,,,,,,I had no idea until I did some research, 2wd basic model but its cool
How about a picture is it 6sp manual or auto. 3.0 diesel power house? Hood scoop with inner cooler. ?