BajaNomad

Toyota parts

John M - 8-3-2016 at 08:27 PM

Hoping this doesn't start another brand vs brand war, but here goes!

I just purchased some parts on-line from a Toyota dealer in Kansas.

I attempted to order them from our local dealer - Valley Hi Toyota in Victorville and the parts guy wasn't the least interested in special order for $15 worth of parts. I did an on-line search and came up with Olathe Toyota in Olathe, Kansas.

I placed the order on-line and followed up by calling to see what happens if the parts aren't in stock, or back ordered. Great customer service. They in fact had these parts in stock and I got 'em just a few days later. They must have a tremendous Toyota parts inventory.

http://parts.olathetoyota.com/

phone (866) 596-1970

Passing along good service and a happy customer.

John M

MMc - 8-3-2016 at 09:07 PM

Finding what you need is always good. I gave up on my local dodge dealer for the same reason. The internet is a wonderful thing.

David K - 8-3-2016 at 09:15 PM

John, are you on Tacoma World also, like TW, me, and others here on Nomad?

Everything you can do or buy for a Tacoma is on there. It is a huge forum and well organized. www.tacomaworld.com

Marc - 8-3-2016 at 09:25 PM

BTW there's a huge Toyota plant in Hermosillo, Sonora.

J.P. - 8-4-2016 at 03:33 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Marc  

There's a huge plant in Tecate where the Tacoma is made.
A whole lot of stuff made In Mexico is made for Export only. Although it's made here it has to be imported thats why some items are so pricey

David K - 8-4-2016 at 07:14 AM

Quote: Originally posted by J.P.  

There's a huge plant in Tecate where the Tacoma is made.
A whole lot of stuff made In Mexico is made for Export only. Although it's made here it has to be imported thats why some items are so pricey

The factory where Tacoma trucks are made is called Toyota de Baja California and is along the FREE road between Tijuana and Tecate. I posted some drive-by photos of it in 2010.

Udo - 8-4-2016 at 07:31 AM

The plant is so large that the main road has an exit lane into the factory dedicated to Toyota employees only.

BooJumMan - 8-4-2016 at 02:45 PM

Yeah not Baja related, but another good online Toyota dealer is Toyota Dallas. The prices are super cheap compared to buying them in CA. They give you part numbers too, so I often will google the number and/or buy on Amazon once in a while if it is an expensive part.

del mar - 8-4-2016 at 03:07 PM

good tips on part houses! the guys over at T4R seem also to like Village toyota and Toyotapartsales for their OEM stuff.

Bajahowodd - 8-4-2016 at 04:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John M  
Hoping this doesn't start another brand vs brand war, but here goes!

I just purchased some parts on-line from a Toyota dealer in Kansas.

I attempted to order them from our local dealer - Valley Hi Toyota in Victorville and the parts guy wasn't the least interested in special order for $15 worth of parts. I did an on-line search and came up with Olathe Toyota in Olathe, Kansas.

I placed the order on-line and followed up by calling to see what happens if the parts aren't in stock, or back ordered. Great customer service. They in fact had these parts in stock and I got 'em just a few days later. They must have a tremendous Toyota parts inventory.

http://parts.olathetoyota.com/

phone (866) 596-1970

Passing along good service and a happy customer.

John M

Obviously Valley Hi Toyota sucks.

Marc - 8-7-2016 at 01:00 PM

So I go into the parts debt at Toyota here in San Francisco for spare parts to take along to Mexico (not just Baja) for my Tundra. I was willing to spend any amount for whatever might go wrong. The guys were honest in saying that they could not think of anything I would need. For the past 9 years so far they are right on. I use the truck almost exclusively in Mexico. The only problem I encountered was in the mountains between Urique and Batopilas in Copper Canyon when the 4WD heated up. Later found out that 4WDLO would have solved that.

bajabuddha - 8-7-2016 at 01:11 PM

Grrrreat pic! Made my phurp meter peg. :bounce:

PaulW - 8-7-2016 at 04:23 PM

Marc wrote in part...
... The only problem I encountered was in the mountains between Urique and Batopilas in Copper Canyon when the 4WD heated up. Later found out that 4WDLO would have solved that.
====
The training of the automatic trans newbe 4x4 drivers is a constant issue. We head up a sand wash west of San Felipe and sure enough someone has to stop because they over heat. Never fails that we find out the driver is in 4wd and 2nd gear. Of course 4Low and drive solves the problem in less than a quarter mile.

chuckie - 8-7-2016 at 04:34 PM

God sends sweet corn down from heaven....But it has nothing to do with getting Toyota parts....(small t)

bajabuddha - 8-7-2016 at 04:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
God sends sweet corn down from heaven....But it has nothing to do with getting Toyota parts....(small t)

ALL Toyota parts are small.

durrelllrobert - 8-12-2016 at 02:40 PM

...and one in Tecate BC

durrelllrobert - 8-12-2016 at 02:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BooJumMan  
Yeah not Baja related, but another good online Toyota dealer is Toyota Dallas. The prices are super cheap compared to buying them in CA. They give you part numbers too, so I often will google the number and/or buy on Amazon once in a while if it is an expensive part.

Not just Toyota. This on line store has parts for ALL cars and trucks,even as old as the '40s: www.rockauto.com/