BajaNomad

No water in TJ and Rosarito

Maron - 8-4-2016 at 09:00 AM

On the Talk Baja and Rosarito Living sites there is discussion about the water being off for 5 days. One site says next week, the other Aug 15th. Any definitive info would be appreciated.

Thks

Udo - 8-4-2016 at 09:13 AM

No water in TJ and Rosarito?

That means that down-hill from there, all the way south to LA Mision and Cantamar will not have any water either because they feed from the Rosarito water line.

WOW!

SFandH - 8-4-2016 at 09:53 AM

La Frontera, www.frontera.info , and the other TJ newspapers are reporting about it. CESPT is replacing a BIG 30 year old pipe (4 foot diameter) that brings water into the area. They are waiting for parts. Work will start when the parts arrive and they'll be working around the clock to get the job done. It could take up to 5 days to get back to normal.

The following article indicates "up to" 3 days without water and 2 more days to get back to normal service as they slowly re-pressurize the system.

From what I've read it's not the whole city, just western sections and south to Rosarito, affecting 617,000 people.

http://www.frontera.info/EdicionEnlinea/Notas/Noticias/03082...

also: http://zetatijuana.com/2016/08/03/104523/

[Edited on 8-4-2016 by SFandH]

del mar - 8-4-2016 at 09:54 AM

"The precise day water will be shutoff will be notified next week and it is anticipated that it could take up to 5 days to resume service, thus users are urged to take measures ahead of time."
this from cespt.
five years ago both cities received similar notices, water was interrupted for two days, hopefully they're painting a worse case senario!

bajabuddha - 8-4-2016 at 12:05 PM

Mañana..... :lol:

woody with a view - 8-4-2016 at 02:04 PM

I find it mind blowing that 600k humans are just told to deal with it. They cant back feed the water from downhill or wherever? Water only flows one direction?

bajaguy - 8-4-2016 at 02:28 PM

Stop thinking rationally.............

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
I find it mind blowing that 600k humans are just told to deal with it. They cant back feed the water from downhill or wherever? Water only flows one direction?

David K - 8-4-2016 at 02:36 PM

You guys need some details on how water works in a pipe? :light::biggrin:

DENNIS - 8-4-2016 at 03:24 PM

Don't bother with details of pressure when they may interfere with notions of gravity, DK. It's like, those who live farther north are closer to God.

mtgoat666 - 8-4-2016 at 03:29 PM

Y'all should consider this practice for "the big one."
Next time the san andreas ruptures big time, so cal and probably baja will have a shattered water delivery system. Y'all will be w/o water for weeks if not months.
Do you keep 55 gal drums of water in your garage? You should!
Do you keep 5 gals water in your car? You should!
If you are away from home when the freeways are destroyed, it may take days to get home, if you even got fuel...

DENNIS - 8-4-2016 at 03:35 PM

ohhhmyyy ........doesn't everybody have a swimming pool?

SFandH - 8-4-2016 at 04:33 PM

I find it mind blowing that 600k humans are just told to deal with it.

What would you tell the people?

Not sure but it sounds like a long section of one of the main pipes (4 foot diameter) perhaps leading from the Rodríguez reservoir is being replaced. I think it's interesting. I'll post more if I find anything.

I imagine a lot of people are buying and filling up 30 gallon garbage cans or something like that to flush toilets for a few days.

I wonder if the corner 5 gallon bottle reverse osmosis drinking water stores will be shut down or if they can carry a supply for a few days.

There's always OXXO for beverages.

[Edited on 8-4-2016 by SFandH]

Bajahowodd - 8-4-2016 at 04:53 PM

As does mierda.:lol::lol::lol:

woody with a view - 8-4-2016 at 06:05 PM

If TJ and Rosyrita are at the end of a main line that's just stupid. Back in the 19th century they realized things happen, planned for those things and they installed multiple valves, laterals and the like and didn't feed 600k humans on a single supply line.

BajaBlanca - 8-4-2016 at 06:13 PM

We can relate very well to not having water blues.

They can not seem to get it right so that we, up on a hill, get water.

MMc - 8-4-2016 at 06:21 PM

Water flows towards power and money, these areas just don't have enough of either.
When I had my last place we would lose water for weeks at a time, we all had a 300gl. Rotoplas tank that would live off of. We lost power regularly too.

woody with a view - 8-4-2016 at 06:30 PM

600 THOUSAND people.

let that sink in.......

AKgringo - 8-4-2016 at 06:34 PM

In an emergency, water may not flow through a water heater, but it can be drained as needed. Just make sure the electricity or gas is turned off until it is filled again.

Mula - 8-4-2016 at 08:06 PM

Best water and power = most dependable I ever had - from Alaska to Mexico. . . San Nicolas off grid solar power that I installed myself!!!!

woody with a view - 8-4-2016 at 08:28 PM

partially shut the valves downstream and pressure builds upstream and goes thru those lateral pipes which feed other neighborhoods and eventually, water flows uphill......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capillary_action

Bob H - 8-4-2016 at 08:28 PM

600 THOUSAND people.

let that sink in.......

That would fill a whole lot of NFL stadiums!! 600,000 people consume a whole lot of water, and flush a whole lot of you know what every day.... unreal!!