BajaNomad

Wire Transfers from Mexico

sc-surfer - 8-11-2016 at 10:09 PM

Does anyone have any experience doing bank transfers from Mexico to other countries as a US citizen? What is required?

Thanks

Reeljob - 8-12-2016 at 05:31 AM

Try Xoom.com

BajaBlanca - 8-12-2016 at 06:48 AM

you can do it at any western union office -which in Mexico is TELEGRAFOS TELECOMM

you will need full name address phone number for the recipient. All they have to do is register the same when they go to their local western union

feel free to U2U me if I can be of further help.

DENNIS - 8-12-2016 at 06:58 AM

Elektra stores do wire transfers:

http://ir.westernunion.com/News/Press-Releases/Press-Release...

sc-surfer - 8-13-2016 at 09:06 PM

Thanks everyone. Had forgotten about western union. I'm leaving for Baja next week. Will check into it.

Thanks!!

JZ - 8-15-2016 at 01:09 AM

Put the Western Union app on your phone. Or use your laptop, westerunion.com.

No need to go into a store. You can send money from almost anywhere in the world.

JZ - 8-15-2016 at 01:14 AM

Quote: Originally posted by soulpatch  
I have done it quite a few times from my bank's website.
It was pretty easy.

All that was required was the destination bank's name, address, ABA number and receiving party's account number.

[Edited on 8-12-2016 by soulpatch]

You can do it with Wells Fargo as well and don't need to know their bank info, making it safer.

https://www.wellsfargo.com/online-banking/transfers/surepay/

BajaBlanca - 8-15-2016 at 03:26 PM

no wells fargo branches in Mexico.

JZ - 8-16-2016 at 01:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
no wells fargo branches in Mexico.

A. First req was to use Western Union. Do xfer from laptop or phone, no need to go to a store to send money.

B. He said send money from MX to another country. With Wells Fargo you do it from your phone/laptop, you don't need a branch in Mexico. Who goes into a bank?

WF rec is for anyone with a WF account. If not look what your bank offers or use Western Union.

[Edited on 8-16-2016 by JZ]

BajaBlanca - 8-16-2016 at 06:42 PM

sc-surfer did indeed say send money from Mexico to another country but I do believe he later said he would be spending his vacation in Mexico. Which means he might have a wells fargo account and can send money from his phone or laptop.

Western Union can also apparently be done via the computer...who knew.

SlyOnce - 8-18-2016 at 08:32 AM

paypal