BajaNomad

Friday trip report 8/12/16

Russ - 8-13-2016 at 07:05 AM

Crossed San Yisidro at 4am. Pulled into the inspection are for about 2 minutes. Mostly just talked about travel time from Loreto to TJ for the guys wife. No traffic at the hour. No road work on the toll road. Getting thru Ensanada was a breeze but all those small towns at dark was frustrating with stops signs that don't reflect and screwy lights. The rest of the trip was good and only two areas of construction to slow the trip down. Made it to Punta Chivato in 12 hours from the border. Check points all waved me thru. There is a new military outpost and check point where the abandoned road crew buildings were and they've painted and rehabbed everything. Can't remember exactly where it is. Maybe Marmol? Someone with a memory can help out here?
Good to be home. Hot and humid and getting things back up and working will take some time. Poco a poco.:spingrin:

BajaBlanca - 8-13-2016 at 07:17 AM

welcome back!

KM. 145

David K - 8-13-2016 at 07:19 AM

San Agustin, abandoned Pemex station on one side, abandoned highway maintenance buildings on the other. Yep, the military was set up there last month when we passed through.

[Edited on 8-13-2016 by David K]

Russ - 8-13-2016 at 07:28 AM

thanks!

David K - 8-13-2016 at 07:31 AM

Welcome back! Viva Baja!

tiotomasbcs - 8-14-2016 at 07:20 AM

And thanks for this morning's picture--
sunday. I Usually pull into shade at the abadoned Pemex for a quick road nap!! Tomas

Bajakiter - 8-17-2016 at 12:19 PM

Drove up from San Quintin early (6am) yesterday, had to stop at the traffic light on the N. end of town in Vicente Guerrero due to a labor protest. 30 or so activists with cars blocking the intersection.

I was lucky enough to have gotten there just as they were starting the protest and behind a big Coke truck. The Coke truck driver got out and told the demonstrators that he was with them in spirit and then I got out and yelled out in spanish "Viva Mexico and down with those rich bastards"! They all cheered and then they let us pass.:biggrin:

Major road construction before and after the big mountain range just South of San Tomas. Looks like they are finally going to tackle that part of the road (saved the toughest for last), this will be a big project for them can see it being a big "CF" when they start get to the actual mountain part.

After that, it was smooth driving all the way up to TJ and Sentri was less than 5mins.
Did see a few