BajaNomad

Mexican Mule

Sweetwater - 8-19-2016 at 05:35 PM

When I opened the Cooler thread, I originally thought it would be about coolers, the drinks.

When I opened the Hot out there thread, I thought it was about Chile peppers.

So you can choose which way to take this thread.

[Edited on 8-20-2016 by BajaNomad]

shari - 8-19-2016 at 06:02 PM

yes indeedy....opening a thread on Nomads is often a surprise package!
Now where in the world will I find ginger beer?

Bob and Susan - 8-19-2016 at 06:14 PM

bevmo in san diego
the name scares me

crabbies.jpg - 23kB

chuckie - 8-19-2016 at 06:53 PM

Whats a "Moscow Mule"? I vaguely remember drinking those, back in the day...

Sweetwater - 8-20-2016 at 08:43 AM

Moscow uses vodka rather than Mexican tequila.

ginger beer......mmmmmmmmm, good.
This one is 5.9%

shari - 8-20-2016 at 09:11 AM

I guess this will be added to what visitors can bring down for a treat! Gotta try it. My old standby for fru fru drinks is a Dirty Mother...tequila, kahlua, milk! Until Barbareno brought the ever popular Paralyser to Asuncion...vodka, kahlua, milk and a splash of coke!

chuckie - 8-20-2016 at 09:47 AM

Gotta be careful of what Barbareno suggests

durrelllrobert - 8-20-2016 at 09:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Sweetwater  
Moscow uses vodka rather than Mexican tequila.

ginger beer......mmmmmmmmm, good.
This one is 5.9%

According to some the orignal "bloody Mary" was made with all Mexican ingrediants including tequilla and served as "Sangre de Marie for years before the bartnder at Harry's in Paris started making them with vodka and added some Worchestshire that wasn't part of the original Mexican recipe. If you order one with tequilla in the US today it's called a bloody Maria instead of Sangre de Maria

Sweetwater - 8-20-2016 at 12:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by shari  
I guess this will be added to what visitors can bring down for a treat! Gotta try it. My old standby for fru fru drinks is a Dirty Mother...tequila, kahlua, milk! Until Barbareno brought the ever popular Paralyser to Asuncion...vodka, kahlua, milk and a splash of coke!

I would classify the Mule drink line as a refreshing tropical drink rather than a fru fru drink with milk. The ginger beer is light and refreshing without adding a lot of sweetness to the lime and tequila base. Just like so many other beers, it can be easily fermented at home, many recipes available on the web. It's a homebrewers field day.

bajabuddha - 8-20-2016 at 03:31 PM

BTW; that's a great snapshot of DK in yer OP: any idea of who the soldier is? :biggrin:

and of course

SFandH - 8-20-2016 at 03:34 PM