BajaNomad

Nice 3 min. YouTube at Playa Buenaventura, Bahía Concepción.

David K - 8-24-2016 at 12:50 PM

bajafreaks - 8-24-2016 at 01:20 PM

Great place, was there a few years ago, they even let us swim in that big blue pool out back before returning to Loreto :)

ncampion - 8-24-2016 at 02:37 PM

Great video, great place, a little hot right now!

Bajahowodd - 8-24-2016 at 03:26 PM

Having traveled all over the place, including such destinations as many Greek Islands, The Black Sea, and the Pacific Islands, the Concepicion area is on par with anywhere around the world when it comes to beauty.

BajaGlenn - 8-24-2016 at 03:31 PM

Olivia and Mark are great people --I used to spend a lot of time and $$ when Mike was there--Great food and Football

AKgringo - 8-24-2016 at 03:49 PM

I stayed a couple of nights at the motel on the north side of the arroyo when Mark still had it. He was a great host, and it was a great place to stay

That was over ten years ago, and I was surprised to find it closed when showed up a few years ago! I had never used this forum (or any other) at that time, so was unaware of the land grab/dispute that had occurred.

On my last couple of trips on that route, I was not aware that Marc still had the restaurant, or that there are campsites there. I will plan on arriving there hungry this season!

David K - 8-24-2016 at 03:55 PM

Lots of photos on their Facebook pages! Mark's son has really been great there, getting fresh fish daily, running things to give Mark and Olivia a break.

bajabuddha - 8-24-2016 at 04:09 PM

M & O still have a small guest house they may still rent out; would be my choice if in the area. No A/C, other than 2/50 a/c..... open 2 windows and let the wind blow 50 kts. Very comfortable, and stagger/crawling distance from the bar. Hot water guaranteed for chowers once a day (by portable generator). Boatramp available. Upon request, THE BEST chile poblano rellenos I have ever had. Kayak rentals, you can't go wrong. They were my neighbors for 15 years...

Terry28 - 8-24-2016 at 04:26 PM

Perfect spot......We had a house there on the water for 10 years until that Munoz dude came along and screwed it all up.........

SFandH - 8-24-2016 at 04:29 PM

The only thing about that beach is it catches the stiff north wind all winter. Several of the other popular beaches on the bay are much more protected.

guest house

John M - 8-24-2016 at 04:30 PM

We rented the guest house last April - three bedrooms if I recall. Hot hot water for the shower.

And we enjoyed the restaurant.

A few years earlier we stayed at what Mark referred to as the campground - a couple of palapas badly in need of repair. Certainly sturdy enough to hang an afternoon shade cloth from while we collapsed on the beach.

John M

[Edited on 8-24-2016 by John M]

TecateRay - 8-25-2016 at 11:14 AM

The last several years I have made numerous trips down the peninsula and I always stop of an hour for two at PlayaBuenaventura. By the time I get there I am usually ready for a burger and theirs are GREAT! But then again so are the fresh fish sandwiches if Nathan has recently been on the water (or in it).
Mark and Olivia are always very hospitable and Nathan is a breath of fresh air!;):cool:

[Edited on 8-25-2016 by TecateRay]

[Edited on 8-25-2016 by TecateRay]

Bajahowodd - 8-25-2016 at 04:59 PM

Not sure what the problem is, but I was not able to get to their website. Have stopped off there a couple of times and it is magnificent.

Joselito - 8-25-2016 at 06:28 PM

Anyone know where to get turtle soup in that area?

basautter - 8-25-2016 at 06:58 PM

Great video :bounce::bounce:

mtgoat666 - 8-25-2016 at 07:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Joselito  
Anyone know where to get turtle soup in that area?

They serve a great turtle soup! It's famous (notorious) all thru nomadlandia!

P.s. Would be a prettier place if they limited parking to spaces much father back from the beach, and did a little landscaping along the edge of the beach. They could attract more beach goers, if the turtle soup isn't enough of a draw, eh.

[Edited on 8-26-2016 by mtgoat666]

bajabuddha - 8-25-2016 at 09:45 PM

Matter of time till the trolls came out; first one a no-name, no-place nobody's 2nd post who 'just showed up' with tons of knowledge of Muñoz' bullchit and spreading same-o hate that's been beaten to death, or so I thought. Goat, of course can't resist a little salt in a wound, he loves to see people squirm and it gives him pleasure.

Far's parking, they do fine. Apparently goathead has never stopped there or would know the beach is pristine beyond the 'parking' and small palms. Before the ruination of the north half they could park a 20-rig caravan plus palapa campers, no problem. It's the only place I would camp in South Bay now, period.

Trolls are a way of life on the internet; take em with some Pepto.

[Edited on 8-26-2016 by bajabuddha]

Bajahowodd - 8-26-2016 at 03:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
Matter of time till the trolls came out; first one a no-name, no-place nobody's 2nd post who 'just showed up' with tons of knowledge of Muñoz' bullchit and spreading same-o hate that's been beaten to death, or so I thought. Goat, of course can't resist a little salt in a wound, he loves to see people squirm and it gives him pleasure.

Far's parking, they do fine. Apparently goathead has never stopped there or would know the beach is pristine beyond the 'parking' and small palms. Before the ruination of the north half they could park a 20-rig caravan plus palapa campers, no problem. It's the only place I would camp in South Bay now, period.

Trolls are a way of life on the internet; take em with some Pepto.

[Edited on 8-26-2016 by bajabuddha]

Maybe you need to check your massive list of medications, because I did not see any trolls here.

Kgryfon - 8-27-2016 at 06:05 PM

Very nice video. Didn't realize how close to the road you are.

C205Driver - 8-27-2016 at 07:24 PM

Thanks David. . .You always do a good job sharing info!. . .

BornFisher - 8-27-2016 at 10:01 PM

Well I can add to this-------------- About three or four weeks ago, I made it up to the upstairs bar at Charly`s, a few miles south of Rosarito Beach. With all bar stools occupied, I was left standing. Well some fine gentleman stood up and offerfed me his prized seat. Introduced himself, said he is Mark and introduced his wife Olivia. Said he was from down south, and had an establishment down there.

When you meet some people, you just know they are great people. Mark and Olivia are great people. And I agree, great food and hospilality to be had at Buenaventura!! Mark if you read this, hope you and Olivia are still in the neighborhood!!!

Marc - 8-28-2016 at 06:26 AM

Pete and I dropped in for a couple of beers last April. Had a nice chat with the family. Olivia is a very pretty gal!

[Edited on 1-22-2017 by Marc]

BajaGlenn - 8-29-2016 at 09:43 AM

The wife and I are charter members Mike made sweatshirts for all of the origional members of the bar--wish i still had it but it burned at Punta ARENA A FEW YEARS BACK:fire::fire::fire: