BajaNomad

exchange rate - after the election?

joerover - 8-25-2016 at 07:17 PM

What will happen to the exchange rate after the election? If H C wins many people will become expats. Will the $ tumble?

stock up on pesos now
or wait and see?

SFandH - 8-25-2016 at 07:23 PM

Change all you dollars into pesos now. I recommend 5 peso coins in 5 gallon water bottles. Lots of them. Bury 1/2 on each side of the border.

mtgoat666 - 8-25-2016 at 07:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by joerover  
What will happen to the exchange rate after the election? If H C wins many people will become expats. Will the $ tumble?

stock up on pesos now
or wait and see?

Love trumps hate.
The dollar loves Hillary.
Women make better leaders.
A woman's place is on top.
Bill will make a groovy first dude (certainly better than that Valium-sedated housewife, Melania)
One si dog.
lux sit!
Convert all yo your dollars to Pakistani rupees, you'll make a fortune!

BajaMama - 8-25-2016 at 08:17 PM

It does't matter who is elected, everyone is gonna want to get the hell outta dodge. This election is a joke and it makes me embarrassed to be a citizen of the great United States.

Bajaboy - 8-25-2016 at 08:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by joerover  
If H C wins many people will become expats.

Wouldn't that be nice:light:

joerover - 8-25-2016 at 08:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaMama  
It does't matter who is elected, everyone is gonna want to get the hell outta dodge. This election is a joke and it makes me embarrassed to be a citizen of the great United States.

mama knows more about politics than the rest

me voy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4KDophQYU0&index=10&...

joerover - 8-25-2016 at 08:43 PM

Pakistani rupees?

why not Colombian Pesos?

$400 gets a million or so COP

rts551 - 8-25-2016 at 08:49 PM

So far the markets are more concerned about oil than they are USA politics.

joerover - 8-25-2016 at 09:01 PM

There is a story about the last Pope
http://www.thelastpope.com/

I call Hillary the final president.

let tehm eat cake-no
why do they need cake-yes

bajatrailrider - 8-25-2016 at 10:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaMama  
BajaMama you said it all Choose and Loose. :)

chuckie - 8-26-2016 at 07:02 AM

Nothing will change....don't worry...

bajatrailrider - 8-26-2016 at 07:08 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Nothing will change....don't worry...
:)

AKgringo - 8-26-2016 at 07:14 AM

When there is a weak presidential candidate, the turnout at the polls is usually low.

With the two flawed individuals that are in this race, I predict a large turnout of people voting against one or the other!

Convert your cash to bitcoin! What could possibly go wrong with parking assets in the cloud? by the way, how many pesos to the bitcoin?

[Edited on 8-26-2016 by AKgringo]

chuckie - 8-26-2016 at 08:12 AM

Same CaCa, different Prezident...

JC43 - 8-26-2016 at 09:05 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Same CaCa, different Prezident...

In the past I agreed only reluctantly with your opinion. But this time I have to! Both choices are CaCa. The one is a stupid "vote catcher". The other one a notorious liar only looking for $$$ into the pockets of their "foundation".

[Edited on 8-26-2016 by JC43]

bajabuddha - 8-26-2016 at 09:09 AM

So's this whole thread and doesn't belong here AT FRIGGIN' ALL.

I'll exercise my right to use the report button.

Ateo - 8-26-2016 at 09:23 AM

A year from now most of us will roll out of bed, Hillary will be President, and stuff will be just about the same as it is today.......living in the best time to be a human being ever.

Now, time to pack for Scorpion Bay..........

woody with a view - 8-26-2016 at 09:24 AM

get one for me!

Ateo - 8-26-2016 at 09:35 AM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
get one for me!

First one I will call for Curt......second one for you......peace out.

chuckie - 8-26-2016 at 11:33 AM

I doubt the exchange rate would be affected much the results of the US Election...Why would it? As to people leaving in droves? Never happen...American apathy will set in a bout a week after the elections..as usual..

bent-rim - 8-27-2016 at 08:04 AM

It's prolly a wash as to how many people bail out of the country depending on who's elected.

bajaguy - 8-27-2016 at 08:19 AM

Most people are all hat and no cattle

Quote: Originally posted by bent-rim  
It's prolly a wash as to how many people bail out of the country depending on who's elected.

chuckie - 8-27-2016 at 08:20 AM

Almost none in either event...

freediverbrian - 8-28-2016 at 06:26 PM

In September 1976 the peso was 12.5 to one dollar over the next sixteen years the peso fell to 3000 to one . That is a lot of years and presidents to think the president of the United States has a impact on the complicated exchange rate of pesos to dollars is very myopic of us.

joerover - 8-29-2016 at 12:19 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajaguy  
Most people are all hat and no cattle

vandy - 8-29-2016 at 01:22 AM

My take? And yes I have a stake in this.
Trump comes within 5 points, Dow will tumble, precious metals will rise just before election. Uncertainty in the market.

Hell, Hillary is as stable a Republican as you will ever meet, financially.

Peso? Remember that a major source of Mexico's income is remittances from Mexicans working in the US.
Even the thought of Trump being elected will have the money traders dumping the peso.

joerover - 8-29-2016 at 10:01 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4KDophQYU0&list=RDmV1XD...

Me Voy, Me Voy

grizzlyfsh95 - 8-30-2016 at 02:05 PM

Don't you worry, you Nomads. Those Government checks will keep coming. All of the free stuff will still be there, at least for a couple more years. The inflation now is hardly discernible and like rust, will be destructive only after it is too late to fix it. Rest easy in the knowledge that it is a given that we just do the same stuff and expect a different result. The downward spiral of the economy of the entire American continent is inevitable, so the value of the Peso is insignificant. We have run out of people to pay for the free stuff.

rts551 - 8-30-2016 at 02:19 PM

here is a Mexican viewpoint.....

http://www.oann.com/banorte-projects-sharply-weaker-mexican-...

mtgoat666 - 8-30-2016 at 02:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by grizzlyfsh95  
Don't you worry, you Nomads. Those Government checks will keep coming. All of the free stuff will still be there, at least for a couple more years. The inflation now is hardly discernible and like rust, will be destructive only after it is too late to fix it. Rest easy in the knowledge that it is a given that we just do the same stuff and expect a different result. The downward spiral of the economy of the entire American continent is inevitable, so the value of the Peso is insignificant. We have run out of people to pay for the free stuff.

Plenty of people to pay for all the free stuff. Us middle class n rich dont pay taxes. The system is set up such that any of us with income generating assets and cap gains can partake of so many deductions and tax breaks that the average net tax rate is ridiculously low. The middle class n rich need to quit asking for govt to fund economy and infrastructure for low net tax rate.

chuckie - 8-30-2016 at 03:17 PM

Taxes? We don pay no steenking taxes...!

Our future leader!

unbob - 9-8-2016 at 10:53 AM

HillBillary

HillBillary.jpg - 34kB

motoged - 9-8-2016 at 11:15 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajaguy  
Most people are all hat and no cattle...

I live in cowboy country....and that's a new "line" for me....good one to use when leaning on the pick-up with a few caballeros...:light: