BajaNomad

permanent resident and healthcare proxy

bajasusana - 8-31-2016 at 02:52 PM

I recently had a medical emergency that entailed a 3 1/2/ hour ambulance ride to Santa Rosalia, and for a hot minute it looked like I might need to go another 10 hours in an ambulance to La Paz. During a very scary 48 hours, my poor family in the USA was unable to do anything or find out anything. I live in the Baja year-round and don't know if there's anything I can carry with me that authorizes my family to deal on my behalf in Mexico, and I don't know how to find out. But I betcha some nomads do! Thanks in advance...

bajaguy - 8-31-2016 at 08:25 PM

You should have a Mexican will and for the correct answer to your question you need to contact a Notario

bajasusana - 9-1-2016 at 04:29 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajaguy  
You should have a Mexican will and for the correct answer to your question you need to contact a Notario

GRACIAS! what good advice.

roldanojr - 9-1-2016 at 12:50 PM

I think you have to go to a notary and do a power of attorney. Another thing you can do is try to get a Mexican permanent residence, check out this web site. in order to have more accurate info.

http://www.yucatanexpatriateservices.com/resident-services/h...

Pescador - 9-1-2016 at 01:35 PM

Bajasusana, if you will send me your email by U2U I will forward you a checklist and program to set up your will and medical notification. It is a very well thought out information and have sent it to a lot of people on this site. Also, you need to be aware that the cost is almost the same to take the ambulance from Santa Rosalia to the United States as we have had a couple of people from Punta Chivato and one from San Bruno who did just that.

[Edited on 9-1-2016 by Pescador]

bajasusana - 9-1-2016 at 03:26 PM

thanks for the offer, but i do not need a will as i own nothing.