BajaNomad

Residence for Sentri?

WhackAMolE - 9-1-2016 at 10:29 PM

I'm filling out the SENTRI form on the GOES site. It wants my residence address and says I'll need to bring proof. I live in Ensenada but my Telnor and CFE are in the name of my landlord, I just pay them every month. My water is in the name of the people across the street who ran a pipe to my house and we split the bill. I've never gotten a receipt for my rent, I've been doing business with my landlord for four years on a handshake basis.

In San Diego I have a box at the UPS Store. I can't put that as a residence because it shows as a commercial mailbox when they look it up.

Is this a problem? Should I just put my Ensenada residence address and show up with my phone and electric receipts?

Thanks in advance.

[Edited on 9-2-2016 by WhackAMolE]

DENNIS - 9-2-2016 at 06:56 AM

I can't remember how I did it, but for more years than I can recall, my stateside address has been Postal Annex, a street address, and I had no problem.
You do bring up a different curious question. Are the homeless denied SENTRI? It would seem to be just another punitive measure.

BigBearRider - 9-2-2016 at 07:23 AM

I brought whatever I had to show residency. It was never requested. Same for my wife's and son's interview.

mtgoat666 - 9-2-2016 at 07:28 AM

Proof varies by situation. Of course your particular situation may or may not fit the SENTRI approval algorithm. Write a letter explaining your living arrangement and lack of receipts and contract. Get your landlord to write a letter atesting same. It will all be digitized and put in your permanent record.

Quote: Originally posted by WhackAMolE  
I'm filling out the SENTRI form on the GOES site. It wants my residence address and says I'll need to bring proof. I live in Ensenada but my Telnor and CFE are in the name of my landlord, I just pay them every month. My water is in the name of the people across the street who ran a pipe to my house and we split the bill. I've never gotten a receipt for my rent, I've been doing business with my landlord for four years on a handshake basis.

In San Diego I have a box at the UPS Store. I can't put that as a residence because it shows as a commercial mailbox when they look it up.

Is this a problem? Should I just put my Ensenada residence address and show up with my phone and electric receipts?

Thanks in advance.

DENNIS - 9-2-2016 at 07:42 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BigBearRider  
I brought whatever I had to show residency. It was never requested. Same for my wife's and son's interview.

Maybe that's why I can't recall any details on the issue. I did however have to show my car registration.

SlyOnce - 9-2-2016 at 08:43 AM

I used my PMB (Private Mail Box) at Postal Annex in San Diego. I live full time in Playas. No problems. I have various mail items with the PMB address for example my CA driver's license.

The PMB gave problems for voter registration, no other problems. Its the address on my DL and SENTRI.

WhackAMolE - 9-2-2016 at 02:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SlyOnce  
I used my PMB (Private Mail Box) at Postal Annex in San Diego. I live full time in Playas. No problems. I have various mail items with the PMB address for example my CA driver's license.

The PMB gave problems for voter registration, no other problems. Its the address on my DL and SENTRI.

Thanks, that makes sense. My San Diego voter registration got rejected for the PMB too, but DMV is ok with it and I actually got a jury duty summons as well.