BajaNomad

Oasis Rio Baja

wandamott - 9-3-2016 at 03:17 PM

Did I miss something. I was just on line looking up Oasis Rio Baja information and I can't find the site anymore. Has it gone off line?

David K - 9-3-2016 at 03:44 PM

I was researching possible campgrounds and saw the Oasis Rio listed on one of the Baja travel websites. A local corrected me in saying they are only long-term leases now... maybe why the web page is no longer needed by them?

bajabuddha - 9-3-2016 at 04:33 PM

I'm sure you'll get an answer forthcoming; most residents are outa the heat right now visiting northern relatives... what info do you desire?

chuckie - 9-3-2016 at 04:44 PM

website says domain for sale.....I believe th e place is now owned by the tenants in one of those goofy Mexican Corporation deals..MTNPOP would know the details

mtnpop - 9-3-2016 at 07:49 PM

Well, here goes maybe,,,

If you are talking about Oasis Rio Baja in Mulege the property is owned by one person Leon last name escapes me for some reason.. The homes are all private owners with some being rentals no RV campground there and don't think any lots are rented for short term..
The Orchard next door, many years ago was one of the hot spot RV parks in BAJA... turned to Condominium Property Regime in around 2000 by the owner and developed with the lots sold to yeah you guessed it us crazy gringo's. No longer an RV park... Heard it was crazy there in the old days...
I only know of 2 RV parks in Mulege one on the highway going south on the left side named Villa Maria ?? and one on the north side of the estuary "Don Cheno" There may be other scattered lots for rent or camping around other parks...
Forgot, just heard that LaFortuna across the street from Saul's grocery has developed some RV lots and think they have a listing on C/L BajaSur.
Thanks Chuckie,,, we are headed down mid Oct. maybe... gotta have knee surgery in a couple of weeks so will depend on outcome....
Snow on the Sangres this week... pretty but not my liking...

chuckie - 9-4-2016 at 06:21 AM

Thanks, Ross...Take care of that knee....Happy trails....

SFandH - 9-4-2016 at 10:12 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtnpop  

Forgot, just heard that LaFortuna across the street from Saul's grocery has developed some RV lots and think they have a listing on C/L BajaSur.

That's true, I saw the listing. Not sure it was craigslist but I saw an ad someplace. Nice location if you want to be in town and a good use of the land, it's suited for flood avoidance, moveable "wheel estate". You'll have to drive/pull your RV through town. Tight fit in some places but delivery trucks do it everyday.

chuckie - 9-4-2016 at 10:48 AM

La Fortuna has 3-4 spaces. Getting in and out is really not much of a problem. I had a place there for a long time. Don Chanos, out the river road is a good place as well but only has a few transient spots. The owner, Manuel is a great guy and speaks excellent English...

David K - 9-4-2016 at 10:50 AM

How about Pancho Villa's? I heard there are some camping spots there?

amigobaja - 9-4-2016 at 08:17 PM

La Fortuna does have 4 really nice Rv sites with full hook ups and easy access. All four sites are on extra large cement and or tile pads. One site on the rio has a full bath and a bedroom/storage room. The sites are avail by the month or a long term lease. We also have a house avail for long term lease that needs flood repairs so it will be avail cheap for the right person(that we like) willing to go in and fix it up. Well mannered pets(and owners) welcome at daily happy hour and fish tales session.

Huerta Don Chano, Pancho Villa, El Faro Town Beach

Mulegena - 9-4-2016 at 10:50 PM

Huerta Don Chano has expanded its camping areas and is available by day, week, month. It's huge now, green grass and tropical fruit trees everywhere. Lush and gorgeous!

Pancho Villa offers some camping.

El Faro Lighthouse, town beach now has palapas on the water. Dry camping on a public beach with lots of noisy nightlife weekends, but it's free.

roundtuit - 9-5-2016 at 11:36 AM

Hotel Cuesta Real Mulege --- On hwy 1 -
Look at tripadvisor

Oasis Rio Baja

wandamott - 9-6-2016 at 01:55 PM

I think I may have misled some of you. I only wanted to know what happened to the Oasis web site, We use to stay there every winter for 23 years. We owned a lot there and after we sold it we just rented someone elses place for the winter. We are too old to go down toBaja now but still like to read about the place and the happenings. Thanks for all the info anyway. Wish our health would let us go to Mulege. We just loved it there. The Mexican people are just beautiful.

JC43 - 9-6-2016 at 02:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by wandamott  
I think I may have misled some of you. I only wanted to know what happened to the Oasis web site, We use to stay there every winter for 23 years. We owned a lot there and after we sold it we just rented someone elses place for the winter. We are too old to go down toBaja now but still like to read about the place and the happenings. Thanks for all the info anyway. Wish our health would let us go to Mulege. We just loved it there. The Mexican people are just beautiful.

I s this who I think it is ???
Walter and Audrey ?
If so, we know each other from years ago.
Let`s see..........................

bajabuddha - 9-6-2016 at 02:15 PM

Wanda, just curious; did you know Dick and Darlene Skamser in the late 1990's ('98-2001)? They had the western-most home (upstream) on the estrero. I was very close with them, wonderful folk.

JC43 - 9-6-2016 at 03:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by roundtuit  
Hotel Cuesta Real Mulege --- On hwy 1 -
Look at tripadvisor

YEA! Called "the lobster trap". You can get in with a bigger rig, but can`t get out without help of people pushing your rig by hand and spinning it.

wandamott - 9-7-2016 at 10:04 AM

YES jc43 this is Walt and Audrey but I cant exactly place you. Are you related to joyce Cox? That is the only Cox we know.

[Edited on 9-7-2016 by wandamott]

mtnpop - 9-7-2016 at 02:11 PM

I think I may have misled some of you. I only wanted to know what happened to the Oasis web site, We use to stay there every winter for 23 years. We owned a lot there and after we sold it we just rented someone elses place for the winter. We are too old to go down toBaja now but still like to read about the place and the happenings. Thanks for all the info anyway. Wish our health would let us go to Mulege. We just loved it there. The
Mexican people are just beautiful.

quick question?? you owned a lot in oasis rio Baja??? I was in the understanding that all the lots in that park were leased lots..
The Orchard most were purchased.... Just my curiosity...
A little wet there today....

wandamott - 9-7-2016 at 03:20 PM

mtnpop you are correct. We only owned the improvements like palapas , sheds, etc. We actually leased the lot from Leon Nolet. When it came time to move we would sell the improvements only. But in last few years people built full houses so they had a lot invested in inprovements ......Walt

JC43 - 9-8-2016 at 06:27 PM

YES jc43 this is Walt and Audrey but I cant exactly place you. Are you related to joyce Cox? That is the only Cox we know.

Hi Walter and Audrey, no not related. Please give us a U2U w/ your phone number that we can call you and we will make you smart about us. Do you have Skype? Please remember: U2U is not really private. The BajaNomad admins can read the U2U. We know each other very well!! That will be explained in a call or maybe in an e-mail???

[Edited on 9-9-2016 by JC43]

[Edited on 9-9-2016 by JC43]

JC43 - 9-10-2016 at 07:55 PM

W and A, I made some research, and YES, the Oasis Rio Baja website does not exist anymore. But what`s more amazing, the BajaQuest website disappeared at the same time. I always suspected that Leon Nolet - owner of the Oasis - has something to do with BajaQuest.
Anybody around here who knows more?

fishhead - 9-11-2016 at 05:38 AM

highly unlikely ....just my p.o.

JC43 - 9-12-2016 at 05:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by fishhead  
highly unlikely ....just my p.o.

I was asking: Who knows(!) more. Highly unlikely, my p.o., is just poor.

willyAirstream - 9-13-2016 at 12:25 PM

According to whois...
Registrant Contact
Name: Bliss A. Richards
Organization: BajaQuest.com
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 311, Woodbridge California 95258 US
Phone: +1.8016753188
Ext:
Fax:
Fax Ext:
Email:bajaquest@gmail.com

and to set the record straight ....large RV's and MH can get in and out of Cuesta Real RV and Hotel easily. Personally moved a 34 ft trailer in and out. And Ask Roger, Pomanao, he has done it several times in his 34ft MH
btw, Cuesta isnt what it used to be since the new manager is running it solo.

JC43 - 9-13-2016 at 01:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willyAirstream  
According to whois...
Registrant Contact
Name: Bliss A. Richards
Organization: BajaQuest.com
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 311, Woodbridge California 95258 US
Phone: +1.8016753188
Ext:
Fax:
Fax Ext:
Email:bajaquest@gmail.com

and to set the record straight ....large RV's and MH can get in and out of Cuesta Real RV and Hotel easily. Personally moved a 34 ft trailer in and out. And Ask Roger, Pomanao, he has done it several times in his 34ft MH
btw, Cuesta isnt what it used to be since the new manager is running it solo.

Hi Willy, I tried it several times w/ BajaQuest > yet not today < and the website was not available. That`s what I experienced. And with Cuesta Real - the Lobster Trap - well I was thinking about 40 or 50 footers. and if that is a fifth wheel........ you are really trapped. I for example saw a 50 footer fifth wheel, triple axle going in. That was years ago! And it took them two days to get it out. You lived at Cuesta Real is my understanding, so you might know.

willyAirstream - 9-13-2016 at 02:07 PM

Yes, the website is down. It was last updated in 2012. domain is registered to the above person, that is what the original PO was looking for.
40 or 50 footers will have a difficult time anywhere lol. Lucky if they get thru Ensi