BajaNomad

stuck in San Juanico, road conditions ??

surfinggrandpa71 - 9-9-2016 at 04:50 AM

Any help would be great, getting info that the main highway is closed at Santa Rosalia ?? Rumors or ?? All the arroyos around the exit of San Juanico are flowing so not leaving yet......

woody with a view - 9-9-2016 at 04:53 AM

by the time the arroyos are do-able the hiway will be fixed or a go around installed.

surfinggrandpa71 - 9-9-2016 at 05:27 AM

Thank you Woody, Ive heard they have tractors at the arroyos yesterday, we shall see....We had a lot of rain here, the north roads to San Ignacio are non existent according to a local fisherman, worse he has seen for 15 years

torch - 9-9-2016 at 05:59 AM

you could be stuck in a lot worse places . is not the forecast swell hitting there right now?

surfinggrandpa71 - 9-9-2016 at 06:05 AM

Its not very good, about knee to waist high waves, very inconsistent too, quite a few campers trapped here with us but you are right, could be worse places to be stuck. Town still has food supplies available and water so all is well

BajaGlenn - 9-9-2016 at 07:05 AM

We got stuck in 75 at BOLA--fun times till the Tequila ran out:bounce:-I sent my boss a note via an airplane that landed and stayed another 3 weeks:light::light:

shari - 9-9-2016 at 07:36 AM

I just heard from guests who left here a couple days ago that the highway is now open all the way south to La Paz with some delays for heavy equipment working....those guys work fast to get things rolling again.

woody with a view - 9-9-2016 at 07:49 AM

Good surf by wednesday.

AKgringo - 9-9-2016 at 01:41 PM

I know they are not high priority roads after a storm, but if anyone catches a report on the east west roads to Hwy 1 both north and south of San Juanico, I would appreciate you passing it on.

I am also interested in the crossings through the Comondu's.

I was tempted to throw in a couple of extra consonants for DK's sake, but will play it straight! :spingrin:

[Edited on 9-9-2016 by AKgringo]

Beagle - 9-9-2016 at 07:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surfinggrandpa71  
Its not very good, about knee to waist high waves, very inconsistent too, quite a few campers trapped here with us but you are right, could be worse places to be stuck. Town still has food supplies available and water so all is well

Woody says surf coming by Wed…. There's food…What I would do to trade! :D We missed it by a week.

Get a Papa Rellena at the Burro and soak it up.

But seriously, hope you get home safely. Don't do anything too risky in a rush to get out. Keep everyone posted!

[Edited on 9-10-2016 by Beagle]

[Edited on 9-10-2016 by Beagle]