BajaNomad

Accessing Blvd 2000 from Otay

DaliDali - 9-9-2016 at 07:48 AM

In June of this year, after the Otay gate crossing SB, I could not get directly to Blvd Industrial EB and onto Blvd 2000, bound for MX 1 D southbound.

Traffic was diverted right onto Bella Artes. One could not continue straight to the intersection of Blvd. Garita de Otay and Industrial.

I got all turned around and could not find my way back to Industrial......only after asking which way, did I manage to get on the track to Industrial.

If this is still the routing, (right on Bella Artes) what is the easiest way to get back on EB Industrial?

Udo - 9-9-2016 at 07:58 AM

The only time such routing happens is when the normal northbound access drivers block the southbound lanes. Then the cops direct you to the next intersection to the right.
When you get to that intersection, just make a left turn to the next traffic light, and then turn left again.
That gets you to the Corridor 2000, which in turn takes you to Rosarito and Ensenada.

bajaguy - 9-9-2016 at 08:22 AM

If southbound, turn left onto Bella Artes, continue east for 4 or 5 blocks, then make a right to Industrial, proceed to Blvd 2000

Ateo - 9-9-2016 at 08:51 AM

And if you get lost, ask at an intersection, "Donde esta Blvd dos mil?"

Bajahowodd - 9-9-2016 at 04:05 PM

Never thought about crossing SB there. Have had zero problems at SY. So can anyone enlighten me about the benefits of crossing SB at Otay? Thanks.

[Edited on 9-9-2016 by Bajahowodd]

gsbotanico - 9-10-2016 at 02:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajahowodd  
Never thought about crossing SB there. Have had zero problems at SY. So can anyone enlighten me about the benefits of crossing SB at Otay? Thanks.

[Edited on 9-9-2016 by Bajahowodd]

Maybe an advantage if you're going south on Route 125 from the more eastern parts of the county to either the more eastern parts of Tijuana, the airport, or to areas south of Calafia. Otherwise it doesn't seem to me to have any big advantage.