BajaNomad

Loreto Hotel?

yellowklr - 9-14-2016 at 09:20 PM

Might do a week in Loreto next month and would like a simple clean hotel within walking distance to the Malecon......Only must is AC!!!

BAJA.DESERT.RAT - 9-14-2016 at 11:23 PM

here it is:

Hotel Angra, Loreto, B.C.S.
Phone: 6131351172
ana.carranza@hotelangra.com
www.hotelangra.com
a. Hotel In Loreto - Hotel Angra is a newer boutique hotel in Loreto, spacious&secure parking lot, spacious rooms, hot water, wireless internet in the rooms. Visit our web page. - Ana Carranza, ana.carranza@hotelangra.com, www.hotelangra.com, 6131351172, Loreto

yes...it has air conditioning too. good prices and the best service from the nicest owner/operators

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

AguaDulce - 9-15-2016 at 06:11 AM

Hotel Angra is a nice secure hotel . They take dogs also. Owners daughter speaks fluent english as she went to school in Kansas? i think. Nice continental breakfast , good coffee. Not real close to malecon but I like the place.

yellowklr - 9-15-2016 at 06:27 AM

Angry sounds good
how long of a walk to the Malecon?

Howard - 9-15-2016 at 06:30 AM

What price range do you want to spend and I can give you more options closer to the Malecon?

willyAirstream - 9-15-2016 at 06:56 AM

http://www.hotelangra.com/inicio.html

and you can judge the distance here
https://www.google.com.mx/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x86b43b8b...

Beagle - 9-15-2016 at 07:16 AM

We stay at La Damiana Inn. About 1 block to Plaza and 2-3 to Malecon. More of a B&B Guest House than a hotel. Really neat folks running it. The Casita out back has good AC, kitchen, and is very private in a garden setting.

http://www.ladamianainn.com

motoged - 9-15-2016 at 08:58 AM

The Damiana is a great place....close to the mission/zocalo....quiet and has a nice courtyard...10 minutes from the malecon. :light:

shari - 9-15-2016 at 09:53 AM

If you want cheap with an ocean view...we always stay at a little hotel right on that big arroyo where the farmers market sets up on the weekends too. I think it is Sol y Mar. I think it was about 400 pesos and has good internet, clean but simple rooms...but it is a bit noisy with traffic but my ear plugs work wonders! We walk to downtown which is only about 4 blocks away.

yellowklr - 9-15-2016 at 06:35 PM

thanks for all the help everyone

yellowklr - 9-15-2016 at 06:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by shari  
If you want cheap with an ocean view...we always stay at a little hotel right on that big arroyo where the farmers market sets up on the weekends too. I think it is Sol y Mar. I think it was about 400 pesos and has good internet, clean but simple rooms...but it is a bit noisy with traffic but my ear plugs work wonders! We walk to downtown which is only about 4 blocks away.

this sounds perfect now i just need to find it.....4 blocks no problema

liknbaja127 - 9-15-2016 at 07:39 PM

Desert inn, Has been doing a lot of remodel! was about 85 us. last year.

elizabeth - 9-17-2016 at 11:00 AM

For a week vacation, I think this hotel is a little short on amenities! The market hasn't been here for a few years. It's now in Colonia Miramar.

The Damiana Inn is a good choice. You might also check out Posada del Cortes. Very close to the plaza and malecon. And it's beautiful and quiet!

DaliDali - 9-17-2016 at 01:14 PM

Quote: Originally posted by yellowklr  

Drive towards the Sea on either of the main E-W streets.
When you can't drive any further east (sea wall and the Sea) turn right or south on the malecon.
Turn right or west on Francisco Jordan (first street past Auggies Bar)
At Francisco Madero (4 way stop) turn left or south.
Take that street all the way to where the pavement turns to dirt and you're on the edge of the arroyo.
Look slightly back and off to your left........see that little hotel?....That's the place.

Dusty and noisy would be kind. The view to the dry arroyo is splendid.

yellowklr - 9-17-2016 at 01:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DaliDali  
Quote: Originally posted by yellowklr  

Drive towards the Sea on either of the main E-W streets.
When you can't drive any further east (sea wall and the Sea) turn right or south on the malecon.
Turn right or west on Francisco Jordan (first street past Auggies Bar)
At Francisco Madero (4 way stop) turn left or south.
Take that street all the way to where the pavement turns to dirt and you're on the edge of the arroyo.
Look slightly back and off to your left........see that little hotel?....That's the place.

Dusty and noisy would be kind. The view to the dry arroyo is splendid.

sounds fine to me any contact info by chance??

BajaBlanca - 9-17-2016 at 03:51 PM

Coco's is where we always stay and just found this:

“Coco Cabanas is OPEN!”

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2016

Coco Cabanas is OPEN! I am here right now vacationing in Loreto and staying at the Coco Cabanas. Same excellent service! There were some people asking whether they are open, and the answer is yes. To book online, contact the owner Stephen Scalapino at stephenscalapino@hotmaill.com. To call from the United States, dial 011-52-613-135-2500. To call from Mexico, dial 613-135-2500. Hope this helps those who were inquiring!

Room Tip: Tell Stephen what your needs are, and he'll accommodate your room for your best experience.

https://www.tripadvisor.com

Fishndad - 9-17-2016 at 05:39 PM

Oasis on the south end of the malecon. Never see anyone at the Desert Inn.

honda tom - 9-17-2016 at 10:38 PM

last time at oasis it was buy 3 nights... 4th free. think its about 65 per night, but it is nice and right on the water

LaTijereta - 9-18-2016 at 07:11 AM

Great location to downtown restaurants and the Malacon..

https://www.tripadvisor.com/VacationRentalReview-g150772-d43...

Bajahowodd - 9-18-2016 at 02:59 PM

First of all, Angra is just barely closer to the beach than is Hacienda Suites, where we have stayed many times. It's family run and has a free breakfast. My favorite thing about this place is that one of the best restaurants in town is next door.

That said, the Desert Inn property is in a prime location and has an excellent restaurant. If they have actually updated those crappy old rooms, I guess I should check it out. Do the produce guys from San Quintin own this place?

liknbaja127 - 9-19-2016 at 07:55 PM

No not yet!

Marc - 9-21-2016 at 07:28 AM

I still like Desert Inn. Last time I checked in the pool was empty. Bummer! Something to do with a hurricane.

David K - 9-21-2016 at 09:05 AM

Coco Cabanas, a 60's style motel with kitchen place, but that may be perfect... we stayed there in 2009... $85/night: