BajaNomad

Can I Receive DirecTV or DISH In Bahia Asuncion

AlanDow - 9-24-2016 at 02:52 PM

Just started living part-time in Bahia Asuncion and doing so without access to US based tv programing – kind of like the break from all the political stuff, but wife really misses watching weekend football games so have starting researching our options. I have read some of the prior posts that discuss it is technically not legal to move a US based DISH or DirecTV system to Mexico, but can be done if have a US billing address, etc; and or that it may require a larger than normal antenna dish.

I did not come across any post from anyone getting US programing via DISH or DirecTV specifically in Bahia Asuncion, so thought I would ask here on the forum (I did see a post from Udo that he was going to bring a system down and try it at his place here in Bahia Asuncion, but did not see any subsequent post on if it worked out for him)?

Would appreciate hearing from anyone who has received US programing via either DISH or DirecTV in Bahia Asuncion, could you tell me if you did so on a standard size antenna? What I am actually thinking about is getting one of the RV satellite systems that DISH and DirecTV market to RVers so would be a small antenna dish. Thanks,

rts551 - 9-24-2016 at 03:13 PM

We have neighbors that receive Directv in Punta Abreojos so you should be able to as well. We also get EXEDE sat internet. the company we use is... http://www.satelitedelnorte.com.mx/. If you use facebook it is easy to get the owner as Osiris Hamit Arguelles Guerra. He also has a username here but I do not remember it.

WhackAMolE - 9-24-2016 at 03:20 PM

FWIW You can stream all the NFL games live with NFL Game Pass. https://gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/secure/packages

The cool thing about this is that if you are in the US, you can't get the games live, only replays after the games are over. But if you're international you can stream live.

shari - 9-25-2016 at 09:01 AM

ask Jimbo & Toni...they have it and love it! See you for tacos at noon?

tiotomasbcs - 9-26-2016 at 09:14 AM

Hola. I have researched this a few years ago. I will look for some notes. There is a TV Tech who advertises service in Baja Sur and he says he will travel out of Loreto, I believe. Advertises in Baja Western Onion and other sites. Your Mexican DishTV tech in BA was helpful, too. Antonio? Please let us know if Shari's friends can help set you up. Good Luck. Any Sports on in the Palapa Bar overlooking the bay? Tomas

Dish calculator

twogringos - 9-29-2016 at 07:06 AM

Alan, you can determine what size dish you need (and how to aim it) from the web site www.satbeams.com/footprints. Use the map to point to your house and then click on the satelite your system is using. In a box on the left will be aiming instructions and if you click again on your house a popup box will show what size dish you need for the minimal reception. My experience is that you should use the next size larger dish.

bnoon12 - 10-8-2016 at 01:14 PM

I live next to La Bufadora on Punta Banda and I have dish with a dp plus satellite dish with three receiver heads and one of them broke off when I was up cleaning it. It was obviously very corroded and ready to fall off. Before all of this, we had lost about 1/2 of our channels that are associated with only 119. I reset my receiver and only see connection for 110. I want dish US connection because I can get the pac 10 network but at this point, am looking for a new satellite dish too as well as a way to reset my reciever. Any ideas?

cliffh - 10-9-2016 at 09:28 AM

Sounds like you need new sat. dish and Lnb's. At approx. 160 degrees you can get all 3 sats. 110,119,129 I am set up on my potable sat. dish and get everything in Estero RV park.

bajaguy - 10-9-2016 at 09:44 AM

You can order anything on line, including the LNB's. I would check Craig's List, San Diego for anybody selling a complete dish antenna, you might get lucky. Just make sure it is the correct replacement antenna. It "should" be plug & play http://www.thesatelliteshop.net/dish-network-c-702.html

Quote: Originally posted by bnoon12  
I live next to La Bufadora on Punta Banda and I have dish with a dp plus satellite dish with three receiver heads and one of them broke off when I was up cleaning it. It was obviously very corroded and ready to fall off. Before all of this, we had lost about 1/2 of our channels that are associated with only 119. I reset my receiver and only see connection for 110. I want dish US connection because I can get the pac 10 network but at this point, am looking for a new satellite dish too as well as a way to reset my reciever. Any ideas?