BajaNomad

Fideicomiso payment

janai229 - 10-1-2016 at 02:49 PM

I recently purchased a casita in the Baja and so this will be my first time paying the fideicomiso fee. I sent an e-mail to the contact person in San Jose del Cabo that the attorney gave me. She sent an e-mail with the different payment options one of which was to send a personal check to the bank branch located in San Ysidro California. I would much rather send a check to California vs. San Jose and/or give my credit card / passport info to her. Do any of you pay in CA ???

ncampion - 10-1-2016 at 04:20 PM

I pay with a personal check to a bank in La Paz no problem for the past six years. I would follow up to be sure it was cashed.

bajagrouper - 10-1-2016 at 04:37 PM

I send a personal check to Banorte in Guadalajara for 10 years without a problem, then just check my account every couple days for when it clears the email the bank for a receipt.

BajaGlenn - 10-1-2016 at 07:16 PM

Mexico's mail service?? is well know to steal stuff if your not aware??:fire::fire:

DaliDali - 10-1-2016 at 07:56 PM

I would do a little due diligence before I started sending off checks.

First....verify that this contact person in SJDC is an actual bank employee. Was her email to you on an official looking bank letter with the full notations on the bottom, including address and contact number.

Call the San Ysidro bank and verify they have a relationship with the SJDC bank, an actual branch of that bank or just an intermediary.

Depending on where you are located and if reasonable, I would go to that San Ysidro bank or intermediary in person, and if satisfied, write your check then and there.

Fido

jkruk - 10-1-2016 at 08:08 PM

I have paid mine to saminago in san yesidro for 8 yrs no prob. Who did they say to address it to. Can give you my lady u2u jim

bowser - 10-2-2016 at 09:10 AM

Pay to the US address.

I paid for 3 years in Ensenada and what a hassle! The branch didn't know anything about the Fideio but that is where I had to pay. The last time they wouldn't even take the payment. Same branch.

They eventually gave me an email address for the department in Tijuana that handles my account. After several persistent emails (the last of which I copied to the president of the bank - I'm sure that really shook him up. LOL), I finally received the email with the list of options similar to yours. I sent my check to the San Ysidro address, received a receipt in a follow up email.

They even "promised" to send me a reminder notice this year. Which reminds me, I haven't heard from them yet. Better get proactive again.

Good luck.

janai229 - 10-2-2016 at 09:13 AM

The bank in San Ysidro is BBVA Bancomer as is the bank is San Jose del Cabo. Her e-mail appeared to come from the bank and her name is on my original Fideicomiso paperwork. I will call the bank in San Ysidro tomorrow and verify the ability to pay in the US.

[Edited on 10-2-2016 by janai229]

Terry28 - 10-2-2016 at 09:37 AM

Been doing this for years...Our trust is with Banamex...we just wire transfer from our bank to theirs. They use a New York account....its easy and instant...with a documented receipt.....

gsbotanico - 10-2-2016 at 02:56 PM

You should be able to do a wire transfer by going to a local branch of the bank with the account you are sending the money to. Mexican banks are fully computerized now. You will need the name and bank account number. I paid for three people to stay a week in a cloud forest Nature Reserve in Chiapas near the Guatemala border by depositing over $2000 dollars into the reserve's account by paying the money to the same bank in Tijuana. I received an email confirming the arrival of the money in Tuxtla Gutiérrez from the reserve the next day. I had emailed the reserve that the money had been deposited.

I paid my annual fee for my FM3 and FM2 by going to a Mexican bank in Rosarito and making a deposit into a government account in Mexico City.

larryC - 10-2-2016 at 05:05 PM

I send my checks to Bancomer in San Ysidro and have no problems. They do send a reminder email but the reminder email for the December 2016 payment comes in January of 2016.

pacificobob - 10-3-2016 at 04:40 AM

i have sent checks for the fidi by mail to la paz for 10 years w/o problem.

weebray - 10-3-2016 at 07:13 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaGlenn  
Mexico's mail service?? is well know to steal stuff if your not aware??:fire::fire:

Our experience would not support that statement. In our 25+ year history correos de Mexico has never lost one item. I doubt they are interested in a check made out to a bank account number. They hand deliver right to our door. They are very slow but that may be a problem in, or caused by, the US. Envelopes from the US take 4 - 6 weeks. We have a lot of electronic stuff sent to us from China. They have never lost or stolen a thing. Again, expect to wait over a month but you can use the mail service here with impunity.

BajaUtah - 10-3-2016 at 09:35 AM

My Fide is with Scotiabank. We did ours at the branch in San Jose dC. They send me a reminder email about a month before the due date with, what sounds like, similar choices to yours - wire transfer, credit card, mail to Mexico and mail to US.

I've always used the mail to US option. It goes to a PO box in San Yisidro. 2 years so far an 0 problems. They take a really long time to cash the checks - 6 weeks both times but I just take it as the manana pace of life.