BajaNomad

Road to Punta Chivato

BajaMama - 10-3-2016 at 05:36 AM

Has the road into Punta Chivato been graded at the icky parts since Newton? If not, is it do-able in a girl SUV? (I have AWD and m+s tires, but not more than that!)

Russ - 10-3-2016 at 02:53 PM

Road's a little rough in places but the folks I've talked to haven't mentioned it. Just glad to be back. Going out tomorrow.
Excede internet was down most of yesterday. I called them and they said it was the "beam" that serviced this area and would be up this afternoon. Well, it's up but only really spotty, slow service. Hoping for full service tomorrow.

BajaMama - 10-3-2016 at 06:42 PM

Will be on the road tomorrow :) Unfortunately we don't have internet at our PC house and the data sucks, so I go pretty much off the grid! Anyhow our radio handle is Charmin' Charlie, we are way down by fish camp. Our little shack is just a few steps above camping but I love it! Hope to meet you at Hold' Em or the new restaurant. Or you can see me paddling...

KaceyJ - 10-3-2016 at 07:15 PM

[rquote
Excede internet was down most of yesterday. I called them and they said it was the "beam" that serviced this area and would be up this afternoon. Well, it's up but only really spotty, slow service. Hoping for full service tomorrow. [/rquote]

Excede has overpopulated itself

Service is more or less terrible at any given moment

I'd hate to have to count on it

BigBearRider - 10-3-2016 at 11:02 PM

I've driven back and forth a bit the last few days. To me, the first part from Palo Verde, which used to be the worst, is now better than before. There's a nice and pretty smooth lane through the rocks.

On the other hand, the road doesn't seem to have been dragged recently. Lots of washboard. The road normally gets much better after the tires. It doesn't now. The estuary is also a bit worse the normal, although there is no water crossing. Then there's more washboard.

Overall, it's about the same as it usually is. It's just that the good and bed sections have moved.

Absolutely passable in your car.

BajaMama - 10-4-2016 at 04:38 AM

Thanks for the info!