BajaNomad

Tijuana Skybridge Questions

superbusydad - 10-3-2016 at 08:56 AM

We are being dropped off at the border and taking the skybridge. I understand I can purchase CBX ticket in advance for a flight a departing from Tijuana Airport. Should I buy the tickets in advance or purchase it there at the border?
Second, we have a lot of luggage and need a way transport some of it to the check it in at the airport, do they baskets or mobile carts to rent?

bajalinda - 10-3-2016 at 09:20 AM

The CBX bridge does have luggage carts that are provided at no charge - at least that's how it was this past August. However, the carts must be left at the end of the bridge. Then there are regular airport porters waiting to help you take your luggage from the end of the bridge, through customs and immigration, and then to the check-in counters. They will expect a tip.

You can purchase your CBX ticket online or onsite at the bridge. Buying online will save you a few minutes when you arrive at the bridge. I don't know how busy the ticket-buying counters usually are, but I've used the bridge twice since it opened and there were no lines at the counters either time.

El Jefe - 10-3-2016 at 10:29 AM

CBX also has porters that will help you on the USA side, and they do not expect a tip, "all part of the service" they said according to my wife. It is all very easy even with lots luggage and a friend's dog in our experience, unless you have to park. Which you don't.

bajalinda - 10-3-2016 at 11:52 AM

Right, El Jefe, thanks for jogging my memory. On the US side, the CBX luggage carts are right there at the passenger drop-off spot and there is a CBX employee there to help you.

By the way, the carts are the spiffiest I've ever seen. Push on the handlebar and it advances, let up and it brakes.

Have a great trip!