BajaNomad

Car Importation

Vistamom - 10-3-2016 at 12:36 PM

Does anyone have a good contact to help me with importing my 2006 Honda Pilot? I recently moved to La Paz and would like to import my car. It falls within the guidelines (made in North America, not quite 10 yrs old, and vin starts with 1). I'm in La Paz now and plan to drive back to the US in late Dec. for the holidays and could present the car at the border then.

MMc - 10-3-2016 at 01:07 PM

Check your u2u upper right hand corner.

norte - 10-3-2016 at 01:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MMc  

Is it a recommendation that could not be shared with everyone?

Riom - 10-3-2016 at 01:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Vistamom  
Does anyone have a good contact to help me with importing my 2006 Honda Pilot? I recently moved to La Paz and would like to import my car. It falls within the guidelines (made in North America, not quite 10 yrs old, and vin starts with 1). I'm in La Paz now and plan to drive back to the US in late Dec. for the holidays and could present the car at the border then.

When I did this a few years ago (in BCN), the rules were you could import vehicles 5-9 model years old, inclusive. Each November 1st, a new model year becomes eligible, and one falls off the list.

So unfortunately I think your vehicle is already too old. If not, it will be after Nov 1st.

This assumes the rules are the same, they may have changed or be applied differently now.

[Edited on 2016-10-3 by Riom]

Mulegena - 10-3-2016 at 08:29 PM

This page. Scroll down by topic: http://www.soniadiaz.mx/nationalizing-cars.html

MMc - 10-3-2016 at 08:33 PM

I do not have the permission of the person to post on a open web site. If you need it please contact me. Have a nice day!

Quote: Originally posted by norte  
Quote: Originally posted by MMc  

moisheh - 10-6-2016 at 06:01 AM

Sonia diaz does not follow the rules. Your import papers may not be accepted by aduana. Buyer beware.

Alm - 10-6-2016 at 11:07 AM

Apparently. Don't ask why.

bajaguy - 10-6-2016 at 11:16 AM

Us Hoi Palloi are not cleared for such sensitive information

Think I'll go sit in my safe space

Quote: Originally posted by Alm  

Apparently. Don't ask why.