BajaNomad

TJ fun for kids...Izaak's 6th birthday!

shari - 10-7-2016 at 11:24 AM

I went to Ensenada for my grandsons birthday celebration which was a 3 day affair and tons of fun. First we had our traditional train ride around downtown Ensenada and sushi dinner followed by a little cake and presents after.

The next day we set off for TJ to go to Mini City which is in the big shopping mall downtown..Plaza Rio? This is a complete little city where the kids can work in all the different places for points which at the end of the day they trade for toys.

It has things like a police station, fire department where they watch a training video, slide down the pole, ride on the fire truck and put out a fire, a hospital, laboratory, Pemex station, car wash, supermarket, dairy, pizza place where the kids make a pizza, and Izaak's favorite was being a soccer player! At each place an adult explains what the jobs entail so it is a neat learning experience and super fun.They have eateries there too so plan to spend many hours and kids of ages love it.

The next day we went to a water slide park called El Vergel that was amazing for all the family. There were lots of slides for kids, sissies and some kick butt slides for adults. There are tons of places to eat, lots of seating and palapas, BBQ's, stuff to rent, music and is very very clean and safe..great security!!! I highly recommend it and plan to spend the whole day.

Santiago just turned 3 months and didnt think much of the place!

I watched people fly off the Slip & Fly for ages...so entertaining...maybe next time!

We stayed with our amigo Chuy and his family who were great hosts and I learned a great new game I plan on sharing with visitors and friends. It is easy to play and entertained the kids for hours. You flip a partially filled juice bottle and get a point if it lands right side up...not as easy as it sounds. it was so nice to see kids playing with each other instead of on their devices!!!

motoged - 10-7-2016 at 12:16 PM

Shari,
It's good to have a doctor in the family...

Looks like you guys had WAY too much fun....what a great place for kids....and a grandma spoiling the brood. :saint:

Udo - 10-7-2016 at 12:17 PM

Looks like Izaak got to enjoy some adult nuances in a small person version.

How fun!

shari - 10-7-2016 at 12:33 PM

when he went to the hospital he wanted to work as a nurse in the maternity ward and the woman said that was just for girls...poor kid. In the laboratory, they give you the option of being a patient, a technicion who takes the blood tests or a supervisor and without a blink or hesitation Izaak pipes up...Supervisor!!! so funny as he was the smallest kid in the group!

David K - 10-7-2016 at 03:25 PM

Wow, so very cool!!!:bounce::cool: