BajaNomad

where to stay in guerrero negro

lhenlex - 10-9-2016 at 09:48 PM

driving to guerrero negro tomorrow from loreto..any suggestions where stay? it would be great if you can tell me the price range too..we a are family of four.. Thank you!

bajaguy - 10-10-2016 at 02:12 AM

Terra Sal, just as you enter town. Last time I looked, about $55 for a room with two king beds. Restaurant in front

rhintransit - 10-10-2016 at 07:46 AM

GN is pretty grim, lots of hotels with little to recommend them except shelter for the night in a place that makes sense for breaking up the trip.
I drive south on Mex 5, got to GN too early for my taste to check in, sit around waiting for dark/sleep/get on road again. Decided to drive on, was considering making San Ignacio (but despairing of a decent meal). Stopped to check out Hotel Kadekaman in Vizcaino and was very pleasantly surprised. A variety of choices, we opted for the larger, 880 peso, room but they also had 660 ones. Spotless, well decorated, obvious pride of ownership, nice outdoor sitting areas, well run. Also RV and camping spots. And a decent, if empty, restaurant right on site.
If your travel plans support a stop in Vizcaino, I highly recommend it. No, no idea if pet friendly.
615 156 4112 or kadekaman.com but I think no need for reservations this time of year

Bajazly - 10-10-2016 at 08:54 AM

Quote: Originally posted by rhintransit  
GN is pretty grim, lots of hotels with little to recommend them except shelter for the night in a place that makes sense for breaking up the trip.
I drive south on Mex 5, got to GN too early for my taste to check in, sit around waiting for dark/sleep/get on road again. Decided to drive on, was considering making San Ignacio (but despairing of a decent meal). Stopped to check out Hotel Kadekaman in Vizcaino and was very pleasantly surprised. A variety of choices, we opted for the larger, 880 peso, room but they also had 660 ones. Spotless, well decorated, obvious pride of ownership, nice outdoor sitting areas, well run. Also RV and camping spots. And a decent, if empty, restaurant right on site.
If your travel plans support a stop in Vizcaino, I highly recommend it. No, no idea if pet friendly.
615 156 4112 or kadekaman.com but I think no need for reservations this time of year

I second Hotel Kadekaman. Stayed there a couple of times and It's very nice. The office staff are very easy on the eyes as well.

David K - 10-10-2016 at 09:51 AM

Quote: Originally posted by rhintransit  

Nice to know... here is the English web page they have: http://kadekaman.com/ingles/index.html

kencolamarino - 10-10-2016 at 12:27 PM

Hey!

My map shows Hotel Kadekaman in El Marasal, well before Vizcaino heading South. I'm looking to get a little further than Guerrero Negro heading South to Cabo and it or someplace a little further South would be great. Is my map wrong? Driving from San Ysidro on November 2.

Ken

BajaBill74 - 10-10-2016 at 12:36 PM

The hotel is 48 miles South of GN. As you enter Viscaino there is a Pemex on the right followed by a turnoff to Bahia Asuncion. It is just after that on the right.

They were about the first hotel Hwy 1 to have wi-fi (about 8 years ago.) I had the privilege of helping a very lovely receptionist with a computer problem.

weebray - 10-10-2016 at 02:50 PM

Geez, I was hoping no one would let the cat out of the bag. Plez do not repost.

[Edited on 10-10-2016 by weebray]

aguachico - 10-10-2016 at 03:04 PM

Stayed at the Hotel Kadekaman in May when heading out of Tortugas. Too tired to drive to GN. The new hotel in Vizcaino was full.
The Hotel Kadekaman was nice clean. A few mosquitoes. Good bed and shower. parked in front of the room.
Construction next door at 0700 was unwanted but I was up already.

Fixed peso price instead of a fixed dollar price. I never use facilities with fixed dollar amounts.

kencolamarino - 10-11-2016 at 05:34 AM

Thanks all for the information. Believe it or not, you can pull the Motel, the Pemex, and just about everything else on 1 up on Google Earth Street View. Ain't technology great.

Ken

beachbum1A - 10-11-2016 at 06:34 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajaguy  
Terra Sal, just as you enter town. Last time I looked, about $55 for a room with two king beds. Restaurant in front

Agreed, my choice too!