BajaNomad

VPN service

Lengua - 10-31-2016 at 07:18 PM

Nomads , its been a while since I've seen any posts regarding VPN service and improved routers . Curious , what are fellow nomads using and more importantly are you pleased with the service provider you selected for VPN service?

There are so many providers and I'd love to hear what you have to say

Appreciate the feedback.

Thanks

gnukid - 10-31-2016 at 08:33 PM

I have used smart dns proxy and I was able to watch local sports in baja but it wasn't entirely what I hoped for. You can choose a local regional dns but not a local regional ip address.

[Edited on 11-1-2016 by gnukid]

Udo - 10-31-2016 at 08:46 PM

I have been using Hide My Ass for over two years.

Here in Baja, VPNs generally come with bugs in that they slow down your surfing somewhat, and once in a while they freeze up...regardless whom you use.

One reason I like HMA is that I can change servers to anywhere in the world.

Lengua - 11-7-2016 at 01:00 PM

Udo, most VPN providers allow you to change your IP address to alternative countries but if you have US subscriptions such as HBOGO you gotta provide the A US IP address.

woody with a view - 11-7-2016 at 01:34 PM

Shouldnt that be Hide My Burro?🙄

wornout - 11-7-2016 at 05:59 PM

I have a Buffalo Open-VPN router and have been using it with StrongVPN for over two years. I was paying $57 every 6 months. I saw they had a special for $6 a month. I asked for and received the new plan, great company, great service, no slowdowns noticed, no problems in two years. I am in San Felipe.