BajaNomad

Snorkeling in November

ggpotts - 11-5-2016 at 10:25 PM

How cold will the water be in La Paz around Thanksgiving?

Marc - 11-6-2016 at 04:39 AM

Not sure about La Paz, but I snorkel sans wet suit in November anywhere north of A Verde. Water is still warm enough.

[Edited on 11-6-2016 by Marc]

Ken Bondy - 11-6-2016 at 06:55 AM

October/November are two of the best months. Should be in the low to mid 80s.

Howard - 11-6-2016 at 08:01 AM

Thanksgiving should be right around high 70s degrees, possibly 80. I am talking about surface temps.

I agree with Ken for October and most of November.

ggpotts - 11-6-2016 at 08:41 AM

These replies sound encouraging--thanks. How about favorite snorkeling areas around La Paz?...and around Loreto?

mikeymarlin - 11-6-2016 at 10:15 AM

sorry im so late responding to your u2 to me SHERI--

www.whalemagictours.com is her business

wilderone - 11-6-2016 at 11:20 AM

I've been planning to go to Ensenada de los Muertos - Hwy. 286 out of La Paz south. Says shallow bay - and I see a rock outcropping south end of cove that might have decent snorkling. An off-the-beaten-path kinda place. Report back if you go.

AKgringo - 11-6-2016 at 08:47 PM

I have snorkeled this time of year at various locations, from the east cape to B.O.L.A. without needing my wet suit. That was fortunate for me since 2008 (the year I retired) was the last year it actually fit me!

I may start using the weight belt again. It seems that some of my lean muscle tissue has been converted to insulation, and it is hard to get off the surface! I guess I could add a knife to the belt to look like I am just accessorizing my outfit.

Marc - 11-7-2016 at 05:18 AM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
I have snorkeled this time of year at various locations, from the east cape to B.O.L.A. without needing my wet suit. That was fortunate for me since 2008 (the year I retired) was the last year it actually fit me!

I may start using the weight belt again. It seems that some of my lean muscle tissue has been converted to insulation, and it is hard to get off the surface! I guess I could add a knife to the belt to look like I am just accessorizing my outfit.

LOL me also. I gave three wet suits away last week. Also a BC dive vest. Fortunately my shoes and fins still fit and the weight belt works fine if tuned properly. A knife strapped to the leg looks cool.