BajaNomad

Your favorite baja beach?

gringorio - 2-5-2005 at 12:07 PM

This beach is in Bahia de los Angeles. The wreck in the photo has S.S. Minnow spray painted on it. Anyone know the history of this wreck? We kayaked there from Camp Gecko while in Bahia last spring...

[Edited on 2-6-2005 by gringorio]

The story goes...

Paulina - 2-5-2005 at 07:08 PM

MANY years ago a young lady named Annie bought the boat from Papa Diaz, had it taken out to the beach at a very high tide and planted there to be used as her home. She never returned. It was once a VERY nice boat, years ago. Some call it "Crazy Annie's Beach."

P.<*)))><

Packoderm - 2-5-2005 at 07:20 PM

Could Annie have planned on climbing over that rocky ridge every time she went to the mini-mart?

bajaandy - 2-5-2005 at 09:13 PM

A little spot we camped at last June. Somewhere between San Antonio del Mar and Erendira.

Natalie Ann - 2-7-2005 at 08:31 PM

A really nice beach and one of my favorite beach scenes...

Bruce R Leech - 2-7-2005 at 08:45 PM

Just north of Mulege

gringorio - 2-7-2005 at 10:11 PM

she looks like she has a stomach ache from eating too many fish tacos! :lol::lol::lol::o

PSFO

capt. mike - 2-8-2005 at 06:09 AM

no comparison to it, it is the best.

Playa Isla Bargo (Caruso Beach)...among our favorites

Pompano - 2-8-2005 at 08:24 AM

accessible by boat..this secluded beach is a great place to clam, beachcomb, or just plain relax. But picking a favorite beach in Baja is like choosing your favorite pizza ... even if it's bad, it's still good.

Our 'least' favorite beach......

Pompano - 2-8-2005 at 08:30 AM

Let's hope the current land rush to Baja don't end up making our beaches look like this.:(

Okay...a quiz. Where is that overcrowded beach?:?:

David K - 2-8-2005 at 08:42 AM

Why it's Waikiki of course!
----------------------------------------------------
Here's one of my favorite Baja beaches... Shell Island (between Laguna Percebu and Bahia Santa Maria)...

DanO - 2-8-2005 at 12:03 PM

I'm guessing Acapulco, nicknamed Cacapulco in Carlos Fuentes' excellent "Christopher Unborn," because of the sewage in the water. Alt. spelling is Acapukelco.

DanO - 2-8-2005 at 12:35 PM

Pretty crowded here too.

bufeo - 2-8-2005 at 01:39 PM

My favorite Baja beach....?

The one I'm sitting on right now as I reply to this thread. You can probably guess from my User Name which one that might be.

Some more favorite BAJA BEACHES....

Pompano - 2-8-2005 at 02:39 PM

This is one of our favorite camping beaches to hang out in for a few days or weeks...always peaceful and never crowded. On the Cortez side and it is.....?

Dave - 2-8-2005 at 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
Name the place... here's a hint...it's a C__E!

Cape Flattery? Never been but have sailed past it lots.

Dave....you got it!

Pompano - 2-8-2005 at 02:59 PM

Cape Flattery is correcto....that is the lighthouse island in the background. You may have seen the light if passing at night.

How about the Baja beach? Know where that favorite is at?

Bob H - 2-8-2005 at 03:07 PM

Bahia Coyote is one of our favorites! There are others too.
Bob H

Fishing on the beach in Los Barriles

Tommy A - 2-8-2005 at 07:40 PM

Eli - 2-8-2005 at 08:11 PM

That was some nice strolling on the beach, even if it was just in my day dreams as I rolled down this pictures. Thanks Y'All, now I remember one more reason I am just about ready to go home.

Hasta.....Sara